+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

A Silly Question

When your playing DE and you are engaged with a lineman and the ball carrier is running to your side. Arent you supposed to stick your head out to the outside of the lineman giving the illusion that you will break free from the block and get to the ball carrier on the outside while forcing the rb to go inside where there is help ??? I thought that was football 101, apparently our fearsome passrushers dont know this. Even Kiwi at 1 time didn't force inside.

Did I imagine this because I could swear I saw about 5-10 runs like this.

You would think at this level these guys would know that.

no not a silly question at all........the whole problem with the D vs the Eagles was no backside containment....0.
    They ran the same play over and over. Even JPP was blowing it. It is football 101.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    fearsome passrushers? LOL

good observation though

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    fearsome passrushers? LOL

good observation though
    if you couldnt see that during the game then you are blind. Even listening to the game on the radio I could tell the D wasn't disciplined. Every other run was a freakin cut back......
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

What you want is to have control over the Olineman so that you don't have to fake but you can actually move your *** outside and contain.

JPP broke contain a couple times but I don't even blame him because when you're the only guy running around making plays its human nature to try to compensate for your other lazy conterparts.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    if you couldnt see that during the game then you are blind. Even listening to the game on the radio I could tell the D wasn't disciplined. Every other run was a freakin cut back......
    +1. Well said gametime well said.