+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chase

All-Pro

Chase

This guy clearly is 1 of our best defenders. If this guy had a little more speed ???? I have said this before.

The guy knows how to tackle is in the right position and has a high football intelligence which I cant say for the others.

Glad we resigned him.

Veteran
    Always been a big fan of Chase. He's not the most gifted LB in football, but he is very smart and we know he's going to play consistent.

wouldn't call him one of our best defenders. He did make a bunch of hustle plays sunday night though so props to him. But once Rivers gets back I don't want to him on the field.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    There are few players on this team that have the fire in their belly that Chase obviously has. There is no question he gives his all on every play. He may be very smart and know what he has to do in every cituation. He just simply does not have the physical tools to be a game in game out starting middle linecabcker in the NFL. He just isn"t fast enough or quick enough to be able to support anything outside the tackles. Don't tell me that is not his responsiblity. The top Backers are out there with their nose in nearly every play. Chase is a great #2 guy. An excellent ST player. As long as he is our #1 MLB we will have gaps in this defense in the run game. If the DE turns a play inside, Chase has to be there for the cut back. If the play gets strung out and slowed to the outside, and the back still gets the corner, Chase has to been able to get outside to support that play. He just hasn't been able to do that. I want every player on this team to have Chase Blackburns fire and intensity. But if every player on this team was on Chase's physical talent level, we would lose most of our games. Chase is important to what he brings to the team. I love that he is a Giant. Just not as a starting MLB.
    Last edited by GiantRoc; 10-02-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typo

We need to get him off the field. He is simply too slow and would be a good backup. Rivers at MLB or boley would be more ideal even though they r a little undersized for the position.

Did I also mention he can't cover lbs or get down the field to cover the middle in cover 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mlerman17 View Post
    We need to get him off the field. He is simply too slow and would be a good backup. Rivers at MLB or boley would be more ideal even though they r a little undersized for the position.
    Blackburn is ideal depth ... unfortunately Rivers has a history of not being able to stay on the field.

I wouldn't call him one of our best defenders but tell you the truth I'd rather see Willams, Rivers and Boley out there starting but we gotta get healthy......

Anyone noticed the goal line set the Giants used? Both Blackburn & Herzlich were out there. I thought it was pretty cool and the did force a field goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I wouldn't call him one of our best defenders but tell you the truth I'd rather see Willams, Rivers and Boley out there starting but we gotta get healthy......
    this guy demonstrates more heart and desire than most on our so called vaunted defense.