+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Our De's and there sad performance thus far

If you guys remember last year we had similar issues and the pass rush was non existent until JPP took over games and it wasnt until Tuck picked it up on the other side that changed everything and as a result SB win etc etc.

The bottom line is these guys need to be motivated. I dont think its a matter of forgetting how to pass rush, light a fire under the arses.

Sorry but Osi looked embarrassing out there. He was out there too much and never should be out there on run downs.

Tuck seems to be back to nursing his shoulder because he's not using his hands at all when trying to rush the passer. Seems he's putting his body into the OLman and just hoping to push past.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

they are not shedding their blocks and and not too many stunts up inside.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    Osi is done. Now that I said that watch him go out and have 5 sacks this game. Tuck is done too. Seems like he is broken down. I didn't think he played that bad against the run, but he is a non factor in the pass rush. I hope that the more snaps he gets Austin can become a great pass rusher. Teams won't be able to double Joseph and Austin all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Osi is done. Now that I said that watch him go out and have 5 sacks this game. Tuck is done too. Seems like he is broken down. I didn't think he played that bad against the run, but he is a non factor in the pass rush. I hope that the more snaps he gets Austin can become a great pass rusher. Teams won't be able to double Joseph and Austin all game.
    Tuck looks tired and Osi looks like he is goign through the motions. Makes no attempt at the run game at all.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Tuck looks tired and Osi looks like he is goign through the motions. Makes no attempt at the run game at all.
    This is nothing new for Osi...his first priority has always been rush the QB at any expense....he tends go up the field and leave a large hole inside a lot..he has done it since he's been here and when it is brought up on the boards all the Osi defenders seem to go nuts because he is such a great pass rusher that all other deficiencies seem to be forgiven....do I root for OSI? as long as he is a Giant,YES....should he be a situational pass rusher? I have believed that for many years..
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    If you guys remember last year we had similar issues and the pass rush was non existent until JPP took over games and it wasnt until Tuck picked it up on the other side that changed everything and as a result SB win etc etc.

The bottom line is these guys need to be motivated. I dont think its a matter of forgetting how to pass rush, light a fire under the arses.

Sorry but Osi looked embarrassing out there. He was out there too much and never should be out there on run downs.
    I think i read yesterday that tuck had only 1 qb pressure/hit for the entire season through 4 games. That isnt gonna cut it.

I watched the game again and Tuck did not play as bad as many of you believe. He had great gap discipline and stayed on his assignment. Osi was ATROCIOUS though.... truly awful.

All-Pro
    Yeah I don't think Tuck was horrible. He just doesn't seem to be getting any pressure.

As far as I know the best way to light a fire under someone is to bench their ***!

Tuck needs to sit down and so does Osi. They provide 0 to the team right now unless you count puff peices about Twitter with Bob Costas.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.