+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tom Coughlin admits he was wrong...

"If I were to do it over myself, would I be as conservative with the 15 seconds? Not this morning," Coughlin said. "This morning, I throw it to the sideline or something of that nature and take a chance on that. What happens if you get a sack there or you try to fit one in tight, whether you catch it or not, you get tackled in bounds, game over."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...delphia-eagles

I got killed by a bunch of you for saying the coach was 100% completely wrong for thatb decision. A bunch of things cost us the game, but that final few plays cost us a chance to really win it and it all lays with TC.

With that said, time to move on.

We get knocked down like this a few times every year. Remember Seattle last year? San Fran? Tough loses. They happen.

I respect TC for coming out and admitting he was wrong.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

the point is, when you lose people question your decision no matter what.

if we took the shot with 15 seconds left on the clock and something went wrong, most of us would be talking about what a stupid idea it was.

i certainly don't think he was 100% wrong for his decision, it was a judgement call, and what judgement call don't we question when we lose?

He's sort of admitting he was wrong in a "if I could go back in time" sense...it was just a gut decision he had and it didn't work out. I didn't agree with him either but that's ofcourse after the disaster Barden penalty.

If Barden doesn't get that penalty, Coughlin is a genious. If Barden catches that ball, Coughlin is a HOF hero HC.

It's easy to look back when something is done and say what could've been done differently (just ask Matt Dodge). Who on earth would've seen this coming? How often does one get an offensive pass interference call?

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post

if we took the shot with 15 seconds left on the clock and something went wrong, most of us would be talking about what a stupid idea it was.

i certainly don't think he was 100% wrong for his decision, it was a judgement call, and what judgement call don't we question when we lose?
    this

on the 27 yard line with 25 seconds to go why try a big pass unless the WR is waving his arms and all alone. Whats wrong with a nice 10 yard out route and leave Tynes with a 34 yarder.....Barden shouldn't have even been an option IMO. But it is what it is.
    BTW...if they made that play I would have been very happy but still would have said it was a way to risky call.
    So they blow that play on being aggressive and then he goes totally conservative with 15 seconds where he could have done a quick sideline pass for a few yards.....TC/KG/Eli made two bigtime mistakes.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post

my sentiments exactly.
    and for what it's worth, TC is trying to take all the blame, deflecting from any on the players, onto himself.
    my beer drinking team has a football problem

I want to hear it from Gilbride, the real culprit behind the mess.

Yeah Exactly. People actually harped on me for saying it was the wrong decision.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

The play to Barden was initially a run-first option. Eli checked out of it and threw the ill-advised pass to Barden.

“We had some runs called that we checked out of, based on the looks that they were running, and didn’t feel like we had an opportunity to get very many yards,” Manning said.

“I think as an offensive mindset, even when a field goal wins, if you can score a touchdown, we like to score a touchdown. If we can get the ball as close as possible, or you have a shot to win the game scoring a touchdown and not have to rely on a field goal, that’s the way we feel as an offense.”

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...O7oKRn8etqMzEO
    Coughlin is taking the blame for the loss, which is a stand-up thing for a coach to do.

However, if I blame Coughlin for anything, it's only that he should have told Eli that it HAD to be a run, regardless of the defensive front.

As far as Eli is concerned, it's tough to get on a 2-Time Super Bowl MVP.....the only constructive criticism I would level at him is that sometimes, he needs to let his teammates win the game.

That INT in the endzone hurt bad....it totally changed the game.....they had 3 guaranteed points taken off the board, plus they killed momentum.

That pass play at the end of the game was totally unnecessary....call the run play, spike the ball, and let your kicker do his job.

I love Coughlin and Eli...... but if that were Parcells, Simms, and Joe Morris....the Giants would be 3-1 right now.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 10-02-2012 at 11:39 AM.

I feel better knowing he knows he was wrong.
    Will Hill is the J.R. Smith of the NFL.