+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Is Eli being over-confident?

Some of the throws he's chucking it out there, I can only shake my head in utter disgust.

Apparently crazy Gilbride still thinks Eli is a gun-slinger when he isn't. Eli is at his best when he is managing the game with a nice touch of run game support.

The more Eli throws, the chances of losing the game goes up, it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Have any stats to back that up?

Some of the throws he's chucking it out there, I can only shake my head in utter disgust.

Apparently crazy Gilbride still thinks Eli is a gun-slinger when he isn't. Eli is at his best when he is managing the game with a nice touch of run game support.

Eli is indeed a gunslinger. He's at his best when he's at his best. That simple. last season he clearly wasn't a game manager and clear had no run support or help from the D and he had his best year ever. Not really sure what you're trying to say here but all of your points are patently false.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

ugh. no offense to the OP and this isnt directed at him really, but do ppl understand that he made MAYBE TWO bad throws/decisions that entire philly game?like one bad throw vs Carolina for the entire game?
    TB, he did have that 3 int first half but he played FLAWLESSLY the 2nd. Even vs Dallas, he missed MAYBE two throws? he's playing at such a high level that I hope he's extremely confident in himself. he doesnt strike me as the kinda guy who'd be OVER confident, he's very stoic and good at not disclosing his emotions....
    romo just threw 5 ints, but he also threw his teammates under the bus in some of his post game remarks. he blamed the ints on how he had to try and do too much bc of the lack of help he was apparently not getting...thats overconfident, when u cant even admit a terrible performance was your fault...eli's never done anything but accept the blame even when its not always his...
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 10-02-2012 at 11:50 AM.

It's up to the Coach to bring him back down to earth during certain situations.

When the Eagles were flagged and the Giants had the ball at the 26......that next play should have been Coughlin's call, not Eli's.

Eli runs the offense.....Coughlin runs the team, including the special teams. Tynes has been kicking terrific.....Eli hurt the special team's chance to win the game based on that risky throw....which was a check out from a running play.

Bench Player
    6'6'' Ramses Barden

Eli was gun slinging last year and what was the record? 9-7
    In 2008 with a nice run support 10-1 (post Burress gunshot doesn't count)

And you are saying Eli's gun-slilnging 4th qt comebacks is more effective? No, last season was an exception, not the norm, if Eli has to play gun-slinger again, it won't be as successful because that's not Eli's game.

Again, it was a bad call to throw it to Barden, that doesn't mean he's being over confident, just a bad decision.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    It's up to the Coach to bring him back down to earth during certain situations.

When the Eagles were flagged and the Giants had the ball at the 26......that next play should have been Coughlin's call, not Eli's.

Eli runs the offense.....Coughlin runs the team, including the special teams. Tynes has been kicking terrific.....Eli hurt the special team's chance to win the game based on that risky throw....which was a check out from a running play.
    Bingo! This is what I said Sunday night after the game. In this one instance, just before the 2nd and 9 play to Barden, yell in Eli's helmet that you are going to run the ball, no audible, no reading the defense, line up, run it up the gut nothing else. Folks who cannot be confident in Tynes (who has kicked game winners in two NFC Title games on the road in horrendous field conditons) kicking a 40-44 yard FG who has yet to miss a kick up until that point this season are misguided terribly.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-02-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Super- i think ur 100% wrong about that prior assessment. of course u want the run game to work. every team/qb wants that.

but when u win the sb w the last ranked run game, its not something u can just go "oh well he couldn't do that again." he ALREADY did it...he COULD do it again if need be. we were 10-1 that season bc we had a run game, not bc eli "couldn't take over games in the 4th" or whatever it was u were trying to say. every team wants to run, only a few are capable of winning when u can't run the ball and eli is one of the rare few who can...