+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants using Wilson as "weapon" in kick game

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giant...42v1uFEysYtFdP

Excerpt: "A rookie who is buried on the depth chart can either sulk about it or else try to make something happen on special teams as a way to ingratiate himself with the coaching staff. It is obvious which direction David Wilson is taking.

“He works hard every day,’’ Giants coach Tom Coughlin yesterday said of the rookie running back. “The kid…he works hard. He’s trying to get it all figured out. He wants you to know how much it means to him and how important it is to him. He’s gone out last night and proven a few things. I mean, yeah. Is there a place for a guy that can take it at five yards and run it the rest of the way? Yes.’’

Wilson didn’t take it the rest of the way Sunday night against the Eagles, but he came close. He had kickoff returns of 43 and 53 yards and his 35-yard return gave the Giants a shot at a last-gasp drive in their 19-17 loss.

“David Wilson as a weapon, it’s quite obvious now that people are going to really have to contend for that aspect of our game,’’ Coughlin said." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I love D-Wil and hope that he tunrs it around in the running game. If he can keep it up in the KR game it's going to make our offense that much more explosive

I was ecstatic to see the Giants have a return game again. It feels like ages since we had a threatening returner.

Just to add to that ... Ruben Randle has done a solid job in the punt return department. Not quite as flashy as Wilson on kick offs, but more productive then I remember our punt return game being in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I was ecstatic to see the Giants have a return game again. It feels like ages since we had a threatening returner.

Just to add to that ... Ruben Randle has done a solid job in the punt return department. Not quite as flashy as Wilson on kick offs, but more productive then I remember our punt return game being in the past.
    +1 and let's add the coverage team as well for their consistently good play
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I would love to see him do the same when he gets his chance again in the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I would love to see him do the same when he gets his chance again in the backfield.
    It will happen

They sure could have used him in the running game, that's for sure.

He gained more yards on one return than Bradshaw gained all game.

it would be unwise to only utilize him as a Glorified Special Teams Player, he needs experience in the backfield, i hope it comes sooner than later

I don't understand why they haven't tried using him in screens a lot more. It seems like KG isn't really sure how to use D-Wil and just pulls play out of a hat sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    I don't understand why they haven't tried using him in screens a lot more. It seems like KG isn't really sure how to use D-Wil and just pulls play out of a hat sometimes.
    Kid needs better hands.