+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live

Is missing Canty a big part of the problem?

Chris Canty has been a top DT in this league most of his career. Is he the missing piece to this struggling D-line puzzle? As a Giant he has commanded a double team on many plays. Can we be missing his push up the middle? Is that lack of push hurting what our DEs can accomplish? Kuhn is good to give Joseph a blow now and then, but the talent level drops fast when he comes in. Its not a slam on him. He is still trying to learn the game. I know we won't find out what happens until week 7, but I am curious as to what anyone else may think on this.

Dont think Chris Canty's gonna keep Tuck and Osi from getting whooped all over the field.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

yes

I think a healthy Canty will help, but Tuck and Osi need to get there **** together either way

plan and simple yes our d-line has not been the same with out him and he is a great run stopper I guarantee you that if he was playing Sunday night Mccoy wouldn't have all those rushing yards and there would have been way more sacks and pressure on Vick...he would've gotten extreme pressure coming up the middle leaving the edges wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Dont think Chris Canty's gonna keep Tuck and Osi from getting whooped all over the field.
    I would agree with this. The DTs aren't the problem. Having said that, Canty is the best DT we have so I'd like to see him back.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Absolutely 100%, yes.

Canty is a beast and a leader. I said we would miss him greatly in the pre season.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Absolutely 100%, yes.

Canty is a beast and a leader. I said we would miss him greatly in the pre season.
    well right now we miss any production from the DEs on the team. I don't hate Canty but I think because we havent seen him in a while and othe guys are playing so poorly there's a tendency to romanticize his play.

I'll jog everyone's memory.

Usually bursts through once per game and makes a play in the backfield and this is usually due to blown asignment upfront. Takes playes offs and runs around blockers in pursuit.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be a welcome help but right now we need Osi and Tuck to either play better or be replaced.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Giants hardly blitz so the blockers don't have to worry at all so they can concentrate on double blocking holding etc. Come on DC.

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    I don't hate Canty but I think because we havent seen him in a while and othe guys are playing so poorly there's a tendency to romanticize his play.
    Don't get me wrong. I am not romaticizing Canty. But he does take double teams often. Even without big numbers or flashy plays, he usually takes up mutiple blockers and cloggs running lanes. Yes he takes plays off now and then. Few guys on the team are able to say they don't. I'm sure that is another reason why we are struggling. I also completely agree that Tuck and Osi absolutely have to step it up.
    Last edited by GiantRoc; 10-02-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: added word