+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tynes is a good kicker but please don't say clutch

Tynes is a good kicker but please don't say clutch

A lot of people here are calling this guy clutch. I don't know when this started but he's clearly not a clutch kicker. He is a useful reliable kicker under 40 yards sure, but has he hit a GW FG while we were losing? Ever? Most of his big FG have come during tie games.

He kicked us to the Super Bowl twice. Just because he can't kick a certain range doesn't mean he isn't clutch.

MUCH better.

He was 1/3 in his first attempt. Last year he kicked an extra point. That isn't clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    A lot of people here are calling this guy clutch. I don't know when this started but he's clearly not a clutch kicker. He is a useful reliable kicker under 40 yards sure, but has he hit a GW FG while we were losing? Ever? Most of his big FG have come during tie games.
    Because he missed one field goal?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

He's been accurate....that's the most I'll say about him.

Inside 50 yards, he's okay. Outside 50 yards, you might as well go for the first down or punt.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Because he missed one field goal?
    hes missed quite a few in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    He's been accurate....that's the most I'll say about him.Inside 50 yards, he's okay. Outside 50 yards, you might as well go for the first down or punt.
    i agree completely. He had 2 tries on Sunday night. Inexcusable.

a game winning field goal is a game winning field goal. Why does have to be when the team is losing???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    Tied or losing, you make two FG's to send your team to two Super Bowls on the road in some terrible field conditions and you must have some clutch ability. Some people need to do some research, Tynes was with the Chiefs before he came to the Giants and he made multiple last second winning FG's for KC which is what made his name in this league and probably the main reason the Giants brought him in originally.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

he is 52.6% on FG 50+ for his career

is that so terrible ?

+ Reply to Thread