+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tynes is a good kicker but please don't say clutch

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    i agree completely. He had 2 tries on Sunday night. Inexcusable.
    Coughlin in his presser said that the ball was missed handled on the second attempt which is why he had plenty of distance on the first attempt, but fell short on his second attempt.

Dumb thread.........

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    he is 52.6% on FG 50+ for his career

is that so terrible ?
    It would see so, YA
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    A lot of people here are calling this guy clutch. I don't know when this started but he's clearly not a clutch kicker. He is a useful reliable kicker under 40 yards sure, but has he hit a GW FG while we were losing? Ever? Most of his big FG have come during tie games.
    troll

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Since the miss in the NFC championship game vsGreen Bay, Tynes has hit all the "BIG" kicks. High pressure and bad weather not excluded. He just doesn't have a big foot. I'll trust him under 50 to make the "clutch" kicks. I remember the Giants winning a superbowl over a lights out kicker who wasn't clutch on a kick under 50 yrds.

is that so terrible ?
    its not that good.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

is that so terrible ?
    Didnt he make every FG before that. I put it on Eli. Eli should not of forced that ball to Barden, If its 44 yards Tynes drills it and everyone praises him

If a kicker made every clutch kick from 50+ he would go in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by Kendo15 View Post
    Jeez.

An NFC Championship winning FG in Green Bay, an NFC Championship winning FG in San Francisco, a last second winner in Dallas at the opening of Jerry's Folly and that's without even thinking about it.

He came up short on a 54 yarder, sh!t happens. The guy's a good kicker, he's come on a ton since he started with us.
    I'm not mad at Tynes for missing the kick. We already knew that he was beyond his range. I was disapointed because I thought he had a shot since he got a second try.

That said. When he missed all this field goals in Lambeau field don't tell me you didn't want to find him and murder him. He eventually atoned for it but I think 1 for 3 or whatever it was isn't really all that clutch.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Didnt he make every FG before that. I put it on Eli. Eli should not of forced that ball to Barden, If its 44 yards Tynes drills it and everyone praises him
    Or if we don't burn a half assed time out on a 3rd and 1, the whole drive is different.

Tynes and Eli will win us more games than they lose us, it's a hard, hard loss to those but it's only one game.

Time to move on and take all the angst out on Cleveland.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    I'm not mad at Tynes for missing the kick. We already knew that he was beyond his range. I was disapointed because I thought he had a shot since he got a second try.

That said. When he missed all this field goals in Lambeau field don't tell me you didn't want to find him and murder him. He eventually atoned for it but I think 1 for 3 or whatever it was isn't really all that clutch.
    That was 5 seasons ago. Can we review how he is kicking now or maybe the last two years or so. Wow give the guy a break he has improved since then.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

+ Reply to Thread