+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71

Thread: Tynes is a good kicker but please don't say clutch

  1. #11
    Jeez.

    An NFC Championship winning FG in Green Bay, an NFC Championship winning FG in San Francisco, a last second winner in Dallas at the opening of Jerry's Folly and that's without even thinking about it.

    He came up short on a 54 yarder, sh!t happens. The guy's a good kicker, he's come on a ton since he started with us.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    hes missed quite a few in his career.
    Most of those were in his first couple years with Giants
    since 2009 under 30 yds...39/41
    under 40....20/25
    under 50....13/17
    over 50.....4/8

    looks to me like like hes damn good at the ones he should be and more than acceptable anything over 40...and let us remember he kicks at least 1/3 of his games in cold weather
    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

  3. #13
    Moderator YATittle1962's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Uncle YA
    Posts
    18,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendo15 View Post
    Jeez.

    An NFC Championship winning FG in Green Bay, an NFC Championship winning FG in San Francisco, a last second winner in Dallas at the opening of Jerry's Folly and that's without even thinking about it.

    He came up short on a 54 yarder, sh!t happens. The guy's a good kicker, he's come on a ton since he started with us.
    good points

    but please let the filter do it's job

    thank you

  4. #14
    Clutch:•helpful during a difficult situation or period of time. Something that "came through in the clutch", that is, came through in a difficult or trying time.

    1. GB Game, during some of the worse conditions ever recorded.
    2. SF Game, rainy, wet and slippery.

    I will take those "clutch kicks" over any other filed goal Tynes has missed, those are the crucial ones.

    If your leg isn't strong enough to make a kick then there's nothing you can really do about it. Go and ask a quarterback to make a deep pass when his arm isn't stron enough.

  5. #15
    Anything over 50 I HOPE for success but I can't realistically expect it.

    Tynes worries me more in the "gimme" distance when the game is not on the line more than anything.

    Two of his field goals in the SF game each made it by a foot, both make able distances. Yeah they were good, but he can make your *** pucker.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

  6. #16
    Not sure if they were down in the cowboys game but I made it clear the 2 post season games were tied. SF was basically a PATI have also made it clear he is good for us and that he is a good kicker. Just wouldn't trust him in a losing situation. As a matter of fact I wouldn't trust over 90% of the kickers out there. So it's not a knock on tynes.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    good points

    but please let the filter do it's job

    thank you
    Will do, apologies.

  8. #18
    Look at the brightside we could always be stuck with someone like Cundiff...Didn't he miss some more kicks this past weekend??

  9. #19
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    22,591
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Not sure if they were down in the cowboys game but I made it clear the 2 post season games were tied. SF was basically a PATI have also made it clear he is good for us and that he is a good kicker. Just wouldn't trust him in a losing situation. As a matter of fact I wouldn't trust over 90% of the kickers out there. So it's not a knock on tynes.
    titling thread that Tynes isnt clutch is not a knock on him???

    ok
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSED101 View Post
    Look at the brightside we could always be stuck with someone like Cundiff...Didn't he miss some more kicks this past weekend??
    AKA..Billy "wiffed the kick" Cundiff

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts