+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    I'm not mad at Tynes for missing the kick. We already knew that he was beyond his range. I was disapointed because I thought he had a shot since he got a second try.

That said. When he missed all this field goals in Lambeau field don't tell me you didn't want to find him and murder him. He eventually atoned for it but I think 1 for 3 or whatever it was isn't really all that clutch.
    you can say its not clutch but missing two previous kicks ( in ****ty weather BTW) put only more pressure on him for the game winner.
    He has had his lumps but I sweat every kick out in every game I have ever watched. Whether its the Giants or whatever team. There is hardly ever a feeling of "no problem"....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I'm not mad at Tynes for missing the kick. We already knew that he was beyond his range. I was disapointed because I thought he had a shot since he got a second try.

That said. When he missed all this field goals in Lambeau field don't tell me you didn't want to find him and murder him. He eventually atoned for it but I think 1 for 3 or whatever it was isn't really all that clutch.
    Oh I was calling him names that could not be repeated when he missed the first two, but I reckon he came of age that night in Lambeau. Some stones stepping up to make the third one.

Since then, I'd say he's come on a ton and is a top ten kicker IMHO.

Even with 2 goes at it, a 54 yarder in Philli in the last seconds is a helluva tough kick for any kicker. Even Jankowski wobbles a bit there, I'd say.

He'll be fine and so will we.

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    That was 5 seasons ago. Can we review how he is kicking now or maybe the last two years or so. Wow give the guy a break he has improved since then.
    dude which part of my post did you read? Which ever one it was go back and read the rest.

And I only mention the NFC Championship because people are trying to point to that game as evidence of Tyne's clutchness.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kendo15 View Post
    Oh I was calling him names that could not be repeated when he missed the first two, but I reckon he came of age that night in Lambeau. Some stones stepping up to make the third one.

Since then, I'd say he's come on a ton and is a top ten kicker IMHO.

Even with 2 goes at it, a 54 yarder in Philli in the last seconds is a helluva tough kick for any kicker. Even Jankowski wobbles a bit there, I'd say.

He'll be fine and so will we.
    I agree. He's a good kicker. I wasn't planning on sweeping Philly anyway. We'll get them week 17

As a side: I'm pretty sure Brad Daluiso drills that thing sunday night if he was in his prime.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

dude which part of my post did you read? Which ever one it was go back and read the rest.

And I only mention the NFC Championship because people are trying to point to that game as evidence of Tyne's clutchness.
    i think the correct term may be clutchability or clutchishnious or clutchilicity....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

And the school system wants to get rid of critical thinking, wow!!!! This thread should be used fora case study on the future ramifications on our youth not having these skills

Why is this even a discussion? Before Tynes missed this FG I believe he had made 15 or more straight w/o a miss. He never should've been put in that situation in the first place, once they got into FG rage they should've had better clock management so they could've kicked the easy FG.

I agree. He's a good kicker. I wasn't planning on sweeping Philly anyway. We'll get them week 17

As a side: I'm pretty sure Brad Daluiso drills that thing sunday night if he was in his prime.
    Not for nuthin' but Daluiso career is 76.2 % and 6/12 fron 50+
    Tynes career so far is 81.6% and 9/18 50+

Veteran

The post just touched on the NFC Title game and that you were not mad at him for Sunday night. I thought mentioning that game was all you were judging his clutchness on my bad.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    A lot of people here are calling this guy clutch. I don't know when this started but he's clearly not a clutch kicker. He is a useful reliable kicker under 40 yards sure, but has he hit a GW FG while we were losing? Ever? Most of his big FG have come during tie games.
    This is why we should have an elementary Giants history quiz before accepting new memebers.