+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Tynes is a good kicker but please don't say clutch

Quote Originally Posted by ElIteManning10 View Post
    He kicked us into the SB twice. Once against Green Bay IN green bay. The other against San Francisco IN San francisco...
    Well, in all fairness, he did need 3 tries in GB (granted, the weather wasn't ideal).

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    how so?

Akers is 53.5%
    Janikowski is 55.2%
    Vinatieri is 50.0%

just to name a few
    Are those career numbers?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by FUUFNF View Post
    Tynes is a clutch kicker under 50... He doesn't have the leg to consistently hit from 50+ though.
    not having the leg for a 54 yard FG is much different than not being "clutch". We wouldn't even be discussing this without the STUPID playcalling that led to the OPI call on Ramses

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    yes

Nobody will ever rival The Sheikh

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    A 60% success rate over 50 yards is considered fantastic.

Wow some people really need to brush up on their reading comprehension. I know he hit 2FG to get us to the SBs. But as burier stated earlier, everyone was ripping him for missing 2 straight and then finally for one to go. The one in SF was a chip shot. If that is clutch then every kicker is clutch.And as far as the 50% rate for 50+ yard kicks. That's 1 for 2. He still went 0/2. But I'm not knocking him by sayin he's not clutch. I don't see why clowns cdn are getting worked up for.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    Wow some people really need to brush up on their reading comprehension. I know he hit 2FG to get us to the SBs. But as burier stated earlier, everyone was ripping him for missing 2 straight and then finally for one to go. The one in SF was a chip shot. If that is clutch then every kicker is clutch.And as far as the 50% rate for 50+ yard kicks. That's 1 for 2. He still went 0/2. But I'm not knocking him by sayin he's not clutch. I don't see why clowns cdn are getting worked up for.
    But, you are wrong in your saying he is not clutch. During the game last night they pulled up a stat saying he is 8/9 (prior to last night's miss) on game winning FGs.

You are kidding right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    But, you are wrong in your saying he is not clutch. During the game last night they pulled up a stat saying he is 8/9 (prior to last night's miss) on game winning FGs.
    Chip shots. I can understand why Eli went deep to Barden. He needs to get into the 20 for Tynes comfort zone.

+ Reply to Thread