+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Has Mathias Kiwanuka ever made a big play?

Of course I am being a little facetious when I ask the question, but my only memory of any significant play in Kiwanuka's career was playing the Titans in Vince Young's rookie year when and Kiwanuka didn't complete the sack on Young which ultimately cost the Giants the game.

JPP makes plays. Boley makes plays. In years past Tuck and Osi made plays. But for a guy who seemingly gets a lot of respect around here not to mention a new contract I never hear his name mentioned on any broadcasts of any of the Giant games. He seems invisible. The guy has 7 tackles in 4 games this year. If he is too big and slow to play LB, perhaps its time for him to transition back to the line.

We screwed the guy by making him play out of position. He's a really good player but he's not a great linebacker.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

I have no idea why you guys keep saying this....KIWI was one of the top rated linebackers in the NFL vs the run last year......a linebackers job is to defend the run....how is he not doing a good job?.....some just do not get it....as opposed to someone like OSI that makes 3-4 spectacular plays a year and misses the rest...I'll take the guy that makes all the plays and doesn't get the spotlight
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I have no idea why you guys keep saying this....KIWI was one of the top rated linebackers in the NFL vs the run last year......a linebackers job is to defend the run....how is he not doing a good job?.....some just do not get it....as opposed to someone like OSI that makes 3-4 spectacular plays a year and misses the rest...I'll take the guy that makes all the plays and doesn't get the spotlight
    Im sorry but if the guy was such an elite run-stopper he wouldn't have 7 tackles in 4 games.

And I'm not defending Osi, he sucks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Im sorry but if the guy was such an elite run-stopper he wouldn't have 7 tackles in 4 games.

+1

Veteran

It's not just about tackles it is about gap discipline and forcing the RB into your arms for a tackle or someone else's arms for a tackle. If he is playing disciplined run defense when given the opportunity to he will force RB's into someone's tackle for little or no gain.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

How many tackles someone has is a bull **** stat most times anyway...how many missed tackles does he have? how many times have they run the ball his way?how many times has he sealed the edge and forced the play inside? when you can provide those numbers then we will talk about tackles... ?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Veteran
    How many tackles someone has is a bull **** stat most times anyway...how many missed tackles does he have? how many times have they run the ball his way?how many times has he sealed the edge and forced the play inside? when you can provide those numbers then we will talk about tackles... ?
    Bingo we have a winner, I said similar in my reply. We are on the same wavelength lol.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

riverboat, and u do realize that PFF rated Kiwi one of the top rated LB's vs the run, right? and that last yr he had a bunch of TFL, iirc 4 or 5 sacks, and an int IIRC...guy balls.
    would i like to see him at DE more than LB? YES.

but dude has made a career of making plays for the Giants...lets not second guess JR on everyone

Yes, of course, because making tackles as a LB is apparently not important.