+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Mathias Kiwanuka ever made a big play?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    wait what are we agreeing to disagree about?

Are you saying Kiwi is an upper-echelon backer?

Are you saying Kiwi wouldn't be better served (individually) if he went back to end?

Because if you're saying either of those then yeah..we agree to disagree.
    He does his job. Not his fault that it seems only Boley is also doing his job. If he moved to DE, maybe he would make more plays or maybe he'd tail off. It is anyone's guess.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    He does his job. Not his fault that it seems only Boley is also doing his job. If he moved to DE, maybe he would make more plays or maybe he'd tail off. It is anyone's guess.
    I bet he'd be upgrade on Tuck/Osi no matter how bad he tailed off.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Veteran
    I bet he'd be upgrade on Tuck/Osi no matter how bad he tailed off.
    Maybe so but then we are hoping Rivers when he gets healthy or Jacquain Williams (both would be out of position) can perform the SAM LB'er job as well as Kiwi does at that spot particularly against the run. I'd be intrigued to see how Kiwi back at DE would impact the defense but don't know if we have the horses at LB'er to do the job that is needed.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

We screwed the guy by making him play out of position. He's a really good player but he's not a great linebacker.
    He should be starting, Osi should be backing him up.

If Kiwi is doing SUCH A GREAT JOB then who do we blame? Who? Boley? Our D-line? JPP occupies two O-linemen and disrupts many plays, I think he's doing his job. Everybody around here seems to think our D-Tackles do their jobs for the most part. Sure you can blame Osi, he's terrible. But he's not the main reason. Secondarys shouldn't be primary tacklers/run stoppers, so you really cant blame them for this either.

If it's the D-Lines primary job to put pressure on the QB and to occupy O-Lineman, and the secondary's primary job is to cover recievers, then the LBs primary job to make the tackle. That's why the leading tackler's in the league are usually LBs. Granted, some LBs are pass-rushers, others are great coverage guys. All I'm saying is I don't see any of that with Kiwi.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    If Kiwi is doing SUCH A GREAT JOB then who do we blame? Who? Boley? Our D-line? JPP occupies two O-linemen and disrupts many plays, I think he's doing his job. Everybody around here seems to think our D-Tackles do their jobs for the most part. Sure you can blame Osi, he's terrible. But he's not the main reason. Secondarys shouldn't be primary tacklers/run stoppers, so you really cant blame them for this either.

If it's the D-Lines primary job to put pressure on the QB and to occupy O-Lineman, and the secondary's primary job is to cover recievers, then the LBs primary job to make the tackle. That's why the leading tackler's in the league are usually LBs. Granted, some LBs are pass-rushers, others are great coverage guys. All I'm saying is I don't see any of that with Kiwi.
    Then you are not watching closely...kiwi makes almost every play that comes HIS way...
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

All I keep hearing from some of you is how prolific a run-stuffer Kiwi is. I guess teams are just scared to run at him because he is so dominant. He's a run-stuffer that makes less than two tackles per game and never sacks the QB or gets an INT. Oh and the Giants run defense is bad, but lets blame EVERYBODY else for that. It can't possibly be because one of our starting LBs gets less than 2 tackles per game. It's the other guys who aren't picking up the slack.
    Last edited by Riverboat76; 10-02-2012 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    How many tackles someone has is a bull **** stat most times anyway...how many missed tackles does he have? how many times have they run the ball his way?how many times has he sealed the edge and forced the play inside? when you can provide those numbers then we will talk about tackles... ?
    I'VE SEEN JPP DO THOSE THINGS OVER & OVER & STILL MAKE THE TACKLE. WE NEED 2 JPPs @ each end & the D line problems will be over. JPP #2 WHERE ARE YOU???????????????????Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Im sorry but if the guy was such an elite run-stopper he wouldn't have 7 tackles in 4 games.

And I'm not defending Osi, he sucks too.
    Tackles don't always the whole story bro. There's a lot of unsung heroes in run defense, guys that occupy two blockers, contain an outside run, redirect the play etc. etc.

He was a monster at BC........he has never been the same since Vince Young got out of his grasp........took away his MOJO

+ Reply to Thread