+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 108

Thread: Has Mathias Kiwanuka ever made a big play?

  1. #71
    Kinda felt this thread needed a proper burial. scroll down to number 32.

    http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/2...ants-from-1-53
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

    Burier: Yes.

    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

    Burier: Yes. I promise.

  2. #72
    All-Pro ny06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,813
    I wish we had 53 players like Kiwi. Does his job, doesn't complain. And mind you, he's a good player.

    Giants fan since the early 80s

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    How many tackles someone has is a bull **** stat most times anyway...how many missed tackles does he have? how many times have they run the ball his way?how many times has he sealed the edge and forced the play inside? when you can provide those numbers then we will talk about tackles... ?
    This. AP lead us in tackles but most of them were 5 yards down the field because he got pushed around like a rag doll.

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    I wish we had 53 players like Kiwi. Does his job, doesn't complain. And mind you, he's a good player.
    its not about how good a player he is. Its about him playing out of position because "Linebackers aren't important"
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

    Burier: Yes.

    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

    Burier: Yes. I promise.

  5. #75
    Veteran TroyArcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,569
    Who knows maybe he will move back to DE again. He has been like a ping pong ball. If Rivers can stay helathy (which does not seem probable) they could consider to move Kiwi back into a DE rotation. I would use Osi as a 3rd down specialist only and it sure seems like Tuck needs to rest quite a bit during a game.

  6. #76
    All-Pro Captain Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Alexandria, Va
    Posts
    10,128
    Kiwi is very good against the run, we just need to get the Line to step up...The talent is certainly there....

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I have no idea why you guys keep saying this....KIWI was one of the top rated linebackers in the NFL vs the run last year......a linebackers job is to defend the run....how is he not doing a good job?.....some just do not get it....as opposed to someone like OSI that makes 3-4 spectacular plays a year and misses the rest...I'll take the guy that makes all the plays and doesn't get the spotlight
    Nicely stated, that is exactly what we need more of!

  8. #78
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,892
    Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Kinda felt this thread needed a proper burial. scroll down to number 32.

    http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/2...ants-from-1-53
    The key to that article is that they pointed out Kiwi got only 27 snaps in the Eagles game. If his snap count is similar in the first few games it probably explains the low tackle number. I think the reason he's getting fewer snaps is because he is such a liability versus the pass. I think by the end of last year they took him out on passing downs. LBs have to play the run and the pass. Kiwi never put on the weight or got strong enough to become a dominant DE. So it is what it is. He is a great run stopping backer with great pass rushing skills, but inferior pass coverage skills. He's a good guy to have on your team.

  9. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    All I keep hearing from some of you is how prolific a run-stuffer Kiwi is. I guess teams are just scared to run at him because he is so dominant. He's a run-stuffer that makes less than two tackles per game and never sacks the QB or gets an INT. Oh and the Giants run defense is bad, but lets blame EVERYBODY else for that. It can't possibly be because one of our starting LBs gets less than 2 tackles per game. It's the other guys who aren't picking up the slack.
    Comparing Navaro Bowman to Kiwi is not an accurate way to look at it. Bowman is a true LB not a DE playing out of position, so yes he is naturally going to be a better LB. Also the supporting cast is better around Bowman, football is the ultimate team sport. As for big plays, you play within the system and do your job first, Osi makes a big play and then ****s the bed for the remainder of the game. Give me a guy who plays his keys and knows his assignments first. But to answer your question Kiwi did stop Miami with a sack to win the game last year is that not a big play?

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The key to that article is that they pointed out Kiwi got only 27 snaps in the Eagles game. If his snap count is similar in the first few games it probably explains the low tackle number. I think the reason he's getting fewer snaps is because he is such a liability versus the pass. I think by the end of last year they took him out on passing downs. LBs have to play the run and the pass. Kiwi never put on the weight or got strong enough to become a dominant DE. So it is what it is. He is a great run stopping backer with great pass rushing skills, but inferior pass coverage skills. He's a good guy to have on your team.
    Translation: We drafted a passrusher to take him out of the game on passing downs.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

    Burier: Yes.

    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

    Burier: Yes. I promise.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts