+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Has Mathias Kiwanuka ever made a big play?

He chased down Shady last week which ultimately saved 4 points.

I haven't read any of the posts...just the OP's comment.
    Let me say this about Kiwi...Its true that he doesn't make a lot of game changing plays. What he does is make all the play-in, play-out, plays every down. These are the plays that Osi doesn't make. They require discipline and study. And a willingness to do the small things to help the team. They don't get a lot of attention, but they help the team win football games.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Translation: We drafted a passrusher to take him out of the game on passing downs.
    We have better pass rushers then Kiwi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I haven't read any of the posts...just the OP's comment.
    Let me say this about Kiwi...Its true that he doesn't make a lot of game changing plays. What he does is make all the play-in, play-out, plays every down. These are the plays that Osi doesn't make. They require discipline and study. And a willingness to do the small things to help the team. They don't get a lot of attention, but they help the team win football games.
    I said basically this same thing back when this thread started....I guess I do not understand why some people do not get this concept....seems pretty simple....but after some thought....I believe that the average fan is NOT capable of seeing past the plays that end up on ESPN....the things Kiwi brings do not end up on espn ...instead they end up playing inSuperbowls
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We have better pass rushers then Kiwi
    We have exactly 1 better pass rusher than Kiwi. We're wasting the guys talent.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I said basically this same thing back when this thread started....I guess I do not understand why some people do not get this concept....seems pretty simple....but after some thought....I believe that the average fan is NOT capable of seeing past the plays that end up on ESPN....the things Kiwi brings do not end up on espn ...instead they end up playing inSuperbowls
    and I reject this attitude that making big plays and doing your own job are mutually exclusive. The upper echelon players do both.

Now if you consider where we drafted Kiwi we're ripping ourselves off. I don't need to use a first round draft choice on a player who's gonna offer Kiwi's current production. And I have no idea why Osi's name keeps coming up. There was a time when he was a very good player but now he's just garbage.

I need to stress that I am not bashing Kiwi. I just feel he should be playing at end if not full time a good percentage of the time. And right now with the production we're getting at end and the production we're getting at backer I see no down side to moving kiwi into a starting end spot.
    Last edited by burier; 10-04-2012 at 11:43 AM.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[QUOTE=burier;516749]and I reject this attitude that making big plays and doing your own job are mutually exclusive. The upper echelon players do both.
    QUOTE]

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    And this is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The key to that article is that they pointed out Kiwi got only 27 snaps in the Eagles game. If his snap count is similar in the first few games it probably explains the low tackle number. I think the reason he's getting fewer snaps is because he is such a liability versus the pass. I think by the end of last year they took him out on passing downs. LBs have to play the run and the pass. Kiwi never put on the weight or got strong enough to become a dominant DE. So it is what it is. He is a great run stopping backer with great pass rushing skills, but inferior pass coverage skills. He's a good guy to have on your team.
    And this isn't a problem because...?

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Kinda felt this thread needed a proper burial. scroll down to number 32.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/10/2...ants-from-1-53
    I guess we're not the only "crazy" people.

+ Reply to Thread