+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Has Mathias Kiwanuka ever made a big play?

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    I guess we're not the only "crazy" people.
    not that Kiwi is an elite player or anything. But why did you choose to dog him. He is a consistent player who has dealt with injuries and has had to change position. He is not a superstar but he he far from lame duck.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    not that Kiwi is an elite player or anything. But why did you choose to dog him. He is a consistent player who has dealt with injuries and has had to change position. He is not a superstar but he he far from lame duck.
    I said in the beginning that I think he is better suited as a speedier DE pass rusher, rather than a slower LB playing out of position. So I don't think it's all his fault. And I'm not saying he is the worst player ever. But he is well paid to be a (seemingly) situational run stopping LB who doesn't make tackles, or game changing plays. I just don't get it. He has been the one constant LB on a defense that hasn't been very good for a few years, quite frankly. He has been invisible, and I don't want to hear it's because he is "funneling" plays to other guys who are then not making the tackle. He's invisible because he is a big, slow LB who plays poor in space. Period.

I truly believe if he was shifted to a DE spot (perhaps stealing time from Osi) and a true LB was shifted to his spot, the defense would perform better.
    Last edited by Riverboat76; 10-04-2012 at 12:31 PM.

I think it is pretty obvious....he hasn't seen him do anything to make the highlight film......that means he sucks in the eyes of a fan that doesn't understand "team concept" and doing the job assigned to you...by this logic every offensive lineman must suck too
    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I think it is pretty obvious....he hasn't seen him do anything to make the highlight film......that means he sucks in the eyes of a fan that doesn't understand "team concept" and doing the job assigned to you...by this logic every offensive lineman must suck too
    Your wisdom shines through with every post you make. One day I hope to see the game through the eyes of a true football guru such as yourself.

Your wisdom shines through with every post you make. One day I hope to see the game through the eyes of a true football guru such as yourself.
    lol ty I sincerely hope you can too
    1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

I said in the beginning that I think he is better suited as a speedier DE pass rusher, rather than a slower LB playing out of position. So I don't think it's all his fault. And I'm not saying he is the worst player ever. But he is well paid to be a (seemingly) situational run stopping LB who doesn't make tackles, or game changing plays. I just don't get it. He has been the one constant LB on a defense that hasn't been very good for a few years, quite frankly. He has been invisible, and I don't want to hear it's because he is "funneling" plays to other guys who are then not making the tackle. He's invisible because he is a big, slow LB who plays poor in space. Period.

I truly believe if he was shifted to a DE spot (perhaps stealing time from Osi) and a true LB was shifted to his spot, the defense would perform better.
    what LB on the Giants has been a game changer on any type of consistent basis???? Boley a here and there....thats about it...and he's nicked up often.
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

what LB on the Giants has been a game changer on any type of consistent basis???? Boley a here and there....thats about it...and he's nicked up often.
    Its true we've ignored our linebackers for years.

Is Lance Briggs still demanding a trade?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Its true we've ignored our linebackers for years.

Is Lance Briggs still demanding a trade?
    he wants to play TE for the Cowboys. He likes the way Romo throws the ball and he has developed a chemistry with him....lol

he wants to play TE for the Cowboys. He likes the way Romo throws the ball and he has developed a chemistry with him....lol
    Good show.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

None of them. It's been a problem. Look at the traditionally dominant defenses over the years...they all have All-Pro Level linebackers. 49ers, Steelers, Ravens, Bears.

I love Reese but this has been one problem he hasn't been able to fix yet. He keeps throwing band-aids on the gaping wound. He drafted Sintim high to be an answer but he turned out to be the worst one yet.

+ Reply to Thread