+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Has Mathias Kiwanuka ever made a big play?

Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    None of them. It's been a problem. Look at the traditionally dominant defenses over the years...they all have All-Pro Level linebackers. 49ers, Steelers, Ravens, Bears.

I love Reese but this has been one problem he hasn't been able to fix yet. He keeps throwing band-aids on the gaping wound. He drafted Sintim high to be an answer but he turned out to be the worst one yet.
    so basically your thread could have been about any of the Giants recent LBs of the last 3 years or so.
    They havent found the right mox yet. You named 4 teams with very good LB corps. After thinking about it not too mnay teams have very good to great LBs....seems harder than realized to put together a consistently solid group
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

None of them. It's been a problem. Look at the traditionally dominant defenses over the years...they all have All-Pro Level linebackers. 49ers, Steelers, Ravens, Bears.

I love Reese but this has been one problem he hasn't been able to fix yet. He keeps throwing band-aids on the gaping wound. He drafted Sintim high to be an answer but he turned out to be the worst one yet.
    What's annoying about Reese is he really hasn't even tried to fix it other than drafting a bunch of guys in late rounds and moving Kiwi. Its like he doesn't take the position seriously.

I mean he drafts Sintim in the second round who was a 3-4 backer and tries to turn him into a 4-3 backer. Does he think this is some sort of video game?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    What's annoying about Reese is he really hasn't even tried to fix it other than drafting a bunch of guys in late rounds and moving Kiwi. Its like he doesn't take the position seriously.

I mean he drafts Sintim in the second round who was a 3-4 backer and tries to turn him into a 4-3 backer. Does he think this is some sort of video game?
    I agree.....but I dont agree about the whole 3-4 vs 4-3 thing with LBs. Mabey just my ignorance for the scheme but it seems if Kiwi can become a decent LB why couldn't Sintim become a 4-3 LB??
    I think its just one of those things that just didnt work out.
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    so basically your thread could have been about any of the Giants recent LBs of the last 3 years or so.
    They havent found the right mox yet. You named 4 teams with very good LB corps. After thinking about it not too mnay teams have very good to great LBs....seems harder than realized to put together a consistently solid group
    Kiwi has been the one constant LB over the years and he just got rewarded with a big contract before the season...and I don't think his play justifies it. That is why I singled him out.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I agree.....but I dont agree about the whole 3-4 vs 4-3 thing with LBs. Mabey just my ignorance for the scheme but it seems if Kiwi can become a decent LB why couldn't Sintim become a 4-3 LB??
    I think its just one of those things that just didnt work out.
    Its not impossible. I think you can switch a backer from a 3-4 to a 4-3 but conventional wisdom says a smoother transition would have been to move Sintm to DE.

I just dont think you should gamble with your early picks like that.
    Last edited by burier; 10-04-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Its not impossible. I think you can switch a backer from a 3-4 to a 4-3 but conventional wisdom says a smoother transition would have been to move Sintm to DE.

I just dont think you should gamble with your early picks like that.
    the Giants like "athletic" players overall and that what they saw in Sintim I believe. Either way it didnt work out for them or him.....

Veteran
    He has been invisible, and I don't want to hear it's because he is "funneling" plays to other guys who are then not making the tackle. He's invisible because he is a big, slow LB who plays poor in space. Period.
    How many times does this have to be rehashed in this thread? I am sorry this is a very narrowminded, uninformed view of how a LB'er helps make the run defense top notch. No one else makes a stop in the run defense even if Kiwi plays his position properly and that's Kiwi's fault? If a guy like Bowman (knowing what he's capable of presently with a solid supporting cast) all the sudden went to a new team who's defense does nothing to help him and his output dropped I guess you'd tear into him too and say he was overrated to begin with. Ever think that Bowman puts up and makes the eye-opening numbers/plays you are referencing because the other guys around him do their job as well as or perhaps even better than Bowman does?
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-04-2012 at 03:11 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Kiwi has been the one constant LB over the years and he just got rewarded with a big contract before the season...and I don't think his play justifies it. That is why I singled him out.
    gotcha....

+ Reply to Thread