+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 108

Thread: Has Mathias Kiwanuka ever made a big play?

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    He was a monster at BC........he has never been the same since Vince Young got out of his grasp........took away his MOJO
    I wholeheartedly endorse this post. Vince Young has his mojo. Well, now that Kiwi is making almost 7 million a year for being the prolific run stuffer that he is, can afford to buy his MOJO back. Lord knows VY needs the money.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    Tackles don't always the whole story bro. There's a lot of unsung heroes in run defense, guys that occupy two blockers, contain an outside run, redirect the play etc. etc.
    I agree, tackles don't tell the whole story, but you can't totally ignore them either. Defensive Tackles are usually the unsung heroes of a defense. They occupy the OLINE so that they cant get to the second level. They clog stuff up so the backers can come in for the kill. That's the way it's supposed to work.

  3. #63
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cliffside Park, NJ
    Posts
    4,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    If Kiwi is doing SUCH A GREAT JOB then who do we blame? Who? Boley? Our D-line? JPP occupies two O-linemen and disrupts many plays, I think he's doing his job. Everybody around here seems to think our D-Tackles do their jobs for the most part. Sure you can blame Osi, he's terrible. But he's not the main reason. Secondarys shouldn't be primary tacklers/run stoppers, so you really cant blame them for this either.

    If it's the D-Lines primary job to put pressure on the QB and to occupy O-Lineman, and the secondary's primary job is to cover recievers, then the LBs primary job to make the tackle. That's why the leading tackler's in the league are usually LBs. Granted, some LBs are pass-rushers, others are great coverage guys. All I'm saying is I don't see any of that with Kiwi.
    See this is where you are wrong Osi, Tuck and whoever is playing the other LB'er spot whether it be Chase, Jacquain, Rivers and whoever else are not doing the job. Secondary mustn't be primary tacklers but when Kiwi forces the run away from him sometimes the Safeties and Corners have to get their rear ends up to the box faster and help out. They don't do it with the consistency good run stopping teams do. Did you see CB Charles Tillman last night? He ate Murray for lunch when Briggs or Urlacher forced Murray away from them. Giants need more of that for the secondary against the run. And yes, Osi and Tuck have been downright awful and have done nothing to help stop the run consistently. I'm sorry but if your two pro bowl DE's are not helping guys like Kiwi and Boley it is unacceptable.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-02-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    See this is where you are wrong Osi, Tuck and whoever is playing the other LB'er spot whether it be Chase, Jacquain, Rivers and whoever else are not doing the job. Secondary mustn't be primary tacklers but when Kiwi forces the run away from him sometimes the Safeties and Corners have to get their rear ends up to the box faster and help out. They don't do it with the consistency good run stopping teams do. Did you see CB Charles Tillman last night? He ate Murray for lunch when Briggs or Urlacher forced Murray away from them.
    I'm not saying the other guys are blameless. I just don't see the impact he's makiing. You keep saying he's funneling runners to other guys and it's the other guys who are screwing up. Do the other guys occasionally screw up? Yes. But not to the degree that you are suggesting.

  5. #65
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cliffside Park, NJ
    Posts
    4,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    I'm not saying the other guys are blameless. I just don't see the impact he's makiing. You keep saying he's funneling runners to other guys and it's the other guys who are screwing up. Do the other guys occasionally screw up? Yes. But not to the degree that you are suggesting.
    I disagree. From what I've seen each game the fault lies squarely on Osi and Tuck's soldiers and the DB's are not consistently helping out when it is a run the way they should be. As far as the other LB'er spot, I believe Rivers coming back would be a big boost but whether it be Chase or Williams or someone else while Rivers is out, too many times they are not getting the job done. It is not Kiwi and Boley that's for sure.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-02-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

  6. #66
    Great players make great plays no matter where they are on the field. Period. They have a presence. Despite how the fans may feel about Tuck and Osi at the moment I'd be willing to bet most LBs would love to play behind the Giants D-Line. A good D-Line can take the pressure off your backers. You could argue that San Fransico's D-line is comperable to the Giants, perhaps a little better, and Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman make plays. Lots of them. Been doing it for years. Part of that may be scheme, but those two linebackers would make plays on ANY defense.

  7. #67
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    12,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    If Kiwi is doing SUCH A GREAT JOB then who do we blame? Who? Boley? Our D-line? JPP occupies two O-linemen and disrupts many plays, I think he's doing his job. Everybody around here seems to think our D-Tackles do their jobs for the most part. Sure you can blame Osi, he's terrible. But he's not the main reason. Secondarys shouldn't be primary tacklers/run stoppers, so you really cant blame them for this either.

    If it's the D-Lines primary job to put pressure on the QB and to occupy O-Lineman, and the secondary's primary job is to cover recievers, then the LBs primary job to make the tackle. That's why the leading tackler's in the league are usually LBs. Granted, some LBs are pass-rushers, others are great coverage guys. All I'm saying is I don't see any of that with Kiwi.
    Actually, I can totally blame Osi as the main reason. He continually blew contain, and it continually resulted in huge plays for the Eagles.

    He was the Achilles heel on Sunday night. Credit the Eagles for attacking it, time after time.

    Not sure what Fewell was watching, but I would have yanked Osi's *** after the 4th or 5th blown assignment.

  8. #68
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cliffside Park, NJ
    Posts
    4,781
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Actually, I can totally blame Osi as the main reason. He continually blew contain, and it continually resulted in huge plays for the Eagles.

    He was the Achilles heel on Sunday night. Credit the Eagles for attacking it, time after time.

    Not sure what Fewell was watching, but I would have yanked Osi's *** after the 4th or 5th blown assignment.
    Exactly this. The story was the same against Dallas as well.

    As far as Willis and Bowman, I have no problem admitting they are better than Kiwi-Boley but that doesn't really say very much. No tandem anywhere in the NFL is as good as those two. Doesn't mean Kiwi is not doing his job as is needed while only getting help from Boley and JPP when JPP is not triple teamed.
    Last edited by repeatchamps; 10-02-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Actually, I can totally blame Osi as the main reason. He continually blew contain, and it continually resulted in huge plays for the Eagles.

    He was the Achilles heel on Sunday night. Credit the Eagles for attacking it, time after time.

    Not sure what Fewell was watching, but I would have yanked Osi's *** after the 4th or 5th blown assignment.
    Yes, Osi sucks. I think that has been established at this point. I'd replace Osi with Kiwi.

  10. #70
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cliffside Park, NJ
    Posts
    4,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverboat76 View Post
    Yes, Osi sucks. I think that has been established at this point. I'd replace Osi with Kiwi.
    I would not be opposed to that only because it improves the D-line not because it improves Kiwi. However, who takes the SAM? Rivers maybe but that is not his position. Williams? Same story as Rivers. Chase at the SAM? Sorry but that would be a major downgrade.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts