+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question Wasn't Baas a OG/C in his 49ers days? Move Boothe to C and Baas to LG?

Seems like the most logical move to make since Baas isn't really doing a great job at center.

Anyone know if he played primarily Center or Guard?

I'm sure the coaches discussed this already but no reason why we can't.

Baas hasn't played terrible but it would be nice to get an upgrade there and Boothe is one of our best O-linemen. Can Baas handle the LG position?
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    Seems like the most logical move to make since Baas isn't really doing a great job at center.

Baas hasn't played terrible but it would be nice to get an upgrade there and Boothe is one of our best O-linemen. Can Baas handle the LG position?
    I said this same thing just after the Super Bowl. I wanted Boothe to practice snapping all offseason and become the center and move Baas to guard like you are saying. Giants staff disagrees I guess. Maybe they could try it this week since Baas has the swolen hand, hmmm...
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    I said this same thing just after the Super Bowl. I wanted Boothe to practice snapping all offseason and become the center and move Baas to guard like you are saying. Giants staff disagrees I guess. Maybe they could try it this week since Baas has the swolen hand, hmmm...
    I've said I would like to see Boothe at center. But the OLine is the one unit that really needs time to work "as a unit." In the Panthers' game, Boothe and Baas were creating some significant holes on the left side. I'm talking about holes you could actually see lol

I always defer to the coaching staff as they see things we don't. Baas' skipping balls back to Eli was really unusual so the swollen hand makes sense of that. The question now is are they willing to let him play the next game with the swelling?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post

Baas LG. Nope. They should move Boothe to center and place Mitch Petrius at LG. Baas shouldn't be starting at all. He is undersized for a center. He is always getting man handled. I think he is the reason why our run game is so weak.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    Baas LG. Nope. They should move Boothe to center and place Mitch Petrius at LG. Baas shouldn't be starting at all. He is undersized for a center. He is always getting man handled. I think he is the reason why our run game is so weak.
    Petrus is lucky to have a job right now. He may do better if he gets a long term shot at it but I think that ship has sailed at least for this season.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

If he can't shotgun snap (for whatever reason), he can't play center.

Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    Petrus? I don't know about that. He was really off is game in pre-season.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I've said I would like to see Boothe at center. But the OLine is the one unit that really needs time to work "as a unit." In the Panthers' game, Boothe and Baas were creating some significant holes on the left side. I'm talking about holes you could actually see lol

I always defer to the coaching staff as they see things we don't. Baas' skipping balls back to Eli was really unusual so the swollen hand makes sense of that. The question now is are they willing to let him play the next game with the swelling?
    I'm sure they will monitor that as the week progresses and they may try Diehl (if he is healthy enough to go) Guard, Boothe Center if Baas is hindered that badly during practice this week. Hope not as it is less than ideal but if Baas is hurt it may have to be that way for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    I'm sure they will monitor that as the week progresses and they may try Diehl Guard, Boothe Center if Baas is hindered that badly during practice this week. Hope not but if Baas is hurt it may have to be that way for a week.
    It won't be Diehl as he's never played at center as far as I know. It will either be Boothe, my preference, or Cordle. I agree if he has any swelling he should be inactive.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It won't be Diehl as he's never played at center as far as I know. It will either be Boothe, my preference, or Cordle. I agree if he has any swelling he should be inactive.
    No you misunderstood me, I suggested Diehl for Guard, Boothe for Center.