+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Offense lacks creativity

Killdrive is notorious for both assessing talent and creativity. If it wasn't for injuries Cruz would be on the practice squad. This guys isn't cut for the job...not once was jernigan in the game to set up a potential short yardage pass attack that would have completely changed the structure of the linebacking CB corp. It would have assisted in the run game. Killdrive is not an elite OC, the talent he has backing him up has gotten him thus far.

AND ... is it me or did OSI just commit highway robbery and rob the giants .. this dude is not the same, he's slow, a coward to say the least in never ever attempting a bull rush...he is a major liability on the field...why not play some of the younger guys like tracy and Ojomo - clearly both are far superior to OSI.

Can't believe Resse fell for this guys gimmicks!!

Osi is dead to me. Im being dead serious. The guy belongs on the Jets, or worse, the Raiders or Cowboys.

I don't know. I use to be a KG hater but as time pass, some other posters got to me. If you look at the other OCs, there are some of the best who had troubles once in a while and some of those even lost jobs cause of lack performance by their players. Yet KG's offense has been in the top ten for years and still has been with the team. Now he could maybe do better but then again, you have to work with the basics. If the basics don't work, then it can be dangerous to be creative. Another reason why it can be hard is cause we still keep gettint these injuries. A lot of times it does take time to learn things.

Yet I still make my case that we should throw screens here and there and so on more but our offense is still productive.

Gilbride sucks against the Eagles. I don't know the reason why he insists on tailoring his gameplan to go after the strength of the Philly defense. But he does. And then the Giants lose.

But against other teams, he's okay.

I think this offense is exciting and to me that means it is fine....I love the big plays, the only thing that needs to happen is Bradshaw has to step up and start running effectively again...

I never fall for Osi's gimicks cause I know what type of player he is. He is more of a finess player and that does not work well with DE's cause he uses moves that can take himself out of players like he did against the Egals. Yet we also have to look at the simple fact that we hardly get any blitzes. Spags don't have the talent where he is at now and our team suites his style of plays. When he went away, the blitzes were not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Gilbride sucks against the Eagles. I don't know the reason why he insists on tailoring his gameplan to go after the strength of the Philly defense. But he does. And then the Giants lose.

But against other teams, he's okay.
    Maybe he takes the approach of "let's do what we do and make the defense adjust to us (and not the other way around)"?

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue999 View Post
    Killdrive is notorious for both assessing talent and creativity. If it wasn't for injuries Cruz would be on the practice squad. This guys isn't cut for the job...not once was jernigan in the game to set up a potential short yardage pass attack that would have completely changed the structure of the linebacking CB corp. It would have assisted in the run game. Killdrive is not an elite OC, the talent he has backing him up has gotten him thus far.

AND ... is it me or did OSI just commit highway robbery and rob the giants .. this dude is not the same, he's slow, a coward to say the least in never ever attempting a bull rush...he is a major liability on the field...why not play some of the younger guys like tracy and Ojomo - clearly both are far superior to OSI.

Can't believe Resse fell for this guys gimmicks!!

When was Cruz on the practice squad?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I think this offense is exciting and to me that means it is fine....I love the big plays, the only thing that needs to happen is Bradshaw has to step up and start running effectively again...
    +1 I thought that 4 & 1 pass to Cruz was genious gone to seed. I thought Cruz was faster than he showed on that play. It had TD written all over it but he got caught from behind on the 10 & then the next play INTERCEPTION... GAME OVER.

Veteran
    Was it really that bad? We put up 17 points on a tough defense, it could have easily been 20 or 24 points had we not made the costly turnover in the redzone. Against better teams you can't make critical mistakes like that and not expect it to haunt you later in the game.

Running well is all about toughness and attitude up front.