+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Packers Giants rivalry thread

Banned
    This summer I rewatched the Packers 48-21 beatdown of Atlanta in the Divisional playoff game two years ago. Best game Rodgers ever played. They had no idea to stop him. We had lost to them earlier in the regular season that year 20-17 on a game winning field goal at the buzzer. It felt great beating them in their backyard. That propelled us to the super bowl.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers12 View Post
    This summer I rewatched the Packers 48-21 beatdown of Atlanta in the Divisional playoff game two years ago. Best game Rodgers ever played. They had no idea to stop him. We had lost to them earlier in the regular season that year 20-17 on a game winning field goal at the buzzer. It felt great beating them in their backyard. That propelled us to the super bowl.
    i loved every second of it. I live down in the South. Mostly Saints fans but a lot of falcons fans as well. I have to constantly here how much better roddy and Julio are then nicks and Cruz, lol by some friends and family. I get a text and a FB Post Every week from a cousin. This past weeks was "Falcons 6-0 BABY!!! Enough Said!!!". This after they were outplayed all day by the Raiders. I swear if you don't play those fools and crush them I hope we do. It was sweet last year! Right up to and into start of game they were relentless on how they were going to coming into our house and own us. Lol. Talk about eating some humble pie. 24-2. Haha.. But this yrs different they say.. Yea I tell em it's different in the sense that this year you get beat 40-2, lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Banned
    Falcons will choke once playoff time is here. Mark it down!

Falcons will choke once playoff time is here. Mark it down!
    prolly will, not too worried bout them
    Last edited by bigblue2088; 10-17-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Banned
    I worry about playing you guys. You guys are a major threat to us. We own the Falcons and the 49ers for the most part until the season opener we lost to them. We will beat them in a rematch though. The Giants own us though. Seattle also has a tough defense that matches up well with both NYG and GB.

I worry about playing you guys. You guys are a major threat to us. We own the Falcons and the 49ers for the most part until the season opener we lost to them. We will beat them in a rematch though. The Giants own us though. Seattle also has a tough defense that matches up well with both NYG and GB.
    we own you when it matters the most. there isn't much seperating us so whoever wants it more will win our week 12 matchup

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    we own you when it matters the most. there isn't much seperating us so whoever wants it more will win our week 12 matchup
    It would be great to win that but we need to win when you play again in the playoffs. Although I think avoiding playing you guys in the playoffs would benefit us in a huge way. That is if we can get to the postseason.

It would be great to win that but we need to win when you play again in the playoffs. Although I think avoiding playing you guys in the playoffs would benefit us in a huge way. That is if we can get to the postseason.
    hahah of course getting there's the priority

Banned
    I hope we can. I would love for Rodgers to get his 2nd ring. Still a long way to go though. He needs to tie Eli. Notice how teams peak the year after they win the super bowl. It happened to you guys in 2008 and us last year. Both teams lost in the first playoff game.
    Last edited by Rodgers12; 10-16-2012 at 03:43 PM.

I hope we can. I would love for Rodgers to get his 2nd ring. Still a long way to go though. He needs to tie Eli. Notice how teams peak the year after they win the super bowl. It happened to you guys in 2008 and us last year. Both teams lost in the first playoff game.
    Getting to the playoffs in this league can be a pain in the arse. Hopefully both our teams can make it. Nothing in this league is a gimme.

+ Reply to Thread