+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wilson opening Coughlin's eyes

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...coughlins-eyes

Excerpt: "David Wilson has only played a total of 14 offensive snaps in four games.

But Wilson is showing his worth and ability with the touches he is getting on special teams. Wilson has proven to be an explosive threat as a kickoff returner and he has definitely impressed head coach Tom Coughlin.

“We probably had as good a field position based on our kickoff return game that we’ve had in a long, long time,” Coughlin said of Wilson’s 36.2 yard average on returns against Philadelphia on Sunday night. “David Wilson as a weapon is quite obvious now [and] people are really going to have to contend with that aspect of our game.”

Wilson had returns of 36, 48, 45, 53, 23 and 37 yards although the 48-yard return was brought back for holding. Just about every time Wilson returned one, the Virginia Tech product looked like he was one step away from breaking it for a touchdown. He is averaging 30.2 yards per return and he is opening the eyes of his coaches. " Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I am so looking forward to this kid breaking out. I can't remember the last time the Giants had a RB with this much potential for great things. Can we all just pitch in and buy him a pair of extra sticky gloves???

All-Pro
    The more I see him, the more I like him. As he builds more confidence, and the coaches get more confident that he will hand onto the ball, he will become a major part of this offense.

You called it RF it's coming soon.

Yeah it got to the point where everytime he started running I thought it was going to be a TD it's very nice not having to start at the 20 or 25 all the time....

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    You called it RF it's coming soon.
    He is interesting to watch. It's like he start up field before he looks ahead and then makes only small adjustments to get around potential tacklers
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He is interesting to watch. It's like he start up field before he looks ahead and then makes only small adjustments to get around potential tacklers
    It's all instincts after that, and he seems to have some really damn good ones.

Someone I know gave me this silly proposition of him only being the returner. Kind of dumb to be honest.

Can't wait to see what Wilson can do.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I've noticed that also it like he pick a lane and shoots it ...I 'd like to see some overhead tape of some of his runs...

Quote Originally Posted by byron View Post
    I've noticed that also it like he pick a lane and shoots it ...I 'd like to see some overhead tape of some of his runs...
    I've always thought so much time and yardage was wasted by returners looking to cross the field as much as they seem to.

# 80