+ Reply to Thread

A few interesting tidbits...

The Giants have started the previous 2 seasons with a 3-2 record.

The Eagles are 3 plays away from starting the season 0-4.....3 PLAYS. Browns game...last drive Vick fumbles and somehow recovers...then throws a potential pick in the end zone that gets dropped. They end up scoring in the last seconds on the drive to win by 1. Ravens game...botched offensive PI call by refs to take away a Ravens TD in the 4th that would have put the Ravens up by 10 and the game out of reach. Instead they are forced to kick a FG and go up by 6. Again, the eagles score a TD with seconds remaining to win by 1. Giants game...enough said...2 more feet on Tynes kick and the Giants win.

If any of those plays go the other way...the eagles are 0-4.

This season is wide open...teams are going to lose games they shouldn't. And maybe win games the shouldn't. Let's see what happens over the next few weeks and see where the Giants stand at their bye week.

If the Giants get healthy...they are going to make a strong run, again.

good post. early in the season. 2-2. top 3 qb. we're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    good post. early in the season. 2-2. top 3 qb. we're fine.

Just have to weather the storm until the squad gets healthy

Quote Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
    Just have to weather the storm until the squad gets healthy
    I am not a pessimist and I am not one to claim the sky is falling but....the last few years under coughlin with exception to last year....we have been very good in sept and oct and not so good in nov and dec......so does this mean we will play better at the end of the year?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I am not a pessimist and I am not one to claim the sky is falling but....the last few years under coughlin with exception to last year....we have been very good in sept and oct and not so good in nov and dec......so does this mean we will play better at the end of the year?
    Hopefully...if this team gets healthy...like they did later in the season last year...no reason they can't put on a show, late.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    I think if you look you will find that we are mediocre in Sept and miserable in November.....

Still plenty of time to go 6-2 as usual... It's what comes after that that is the problem.

Good post.

We are good enough to be in any game. And if we're in the game late, I like our chances with our QB

Yeah we're still right in it. Tough road ahead though. At least the Saints look like an easy win....he he

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I think if you look you will find that we are mediocre in Sept and miserable in November.....
    I guess that would depend on your definition of mediocre
    we were 5-2 in 04
    6-2 in 06,07,10,11
    and 11-2 in 08

seems to me we play well in sept and oct and pretty badly to finish...but again it comes down to definitions
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"