+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

0-2 in the division mean serious trouble ahead

Two more division losses would be fatal to any playoffs hopes. You have to at least split your division to have a chance at winning the division. You can forget a wild card spot with 4 division losses. This team had better play lights out in the remaining division games. There is no more room for the usual oki doki we have to get things fixed, or we let one slip away nonsense. The remaining division games will not be easy. Too much will be at stake for everyone.

Yes, it's only week 4, but the two division losses this early has raised the stakes sooner then the norm. I don't care if they have to play road playoffs games if they make the playoffs. Just get in. As much praise as Coughlin gets, this team has only had 1 season where they played consistently good during a full season. Why can't they put together a complete season? Is that too much to ask? Also, talking about another teams flaws has nothing to do with this team, What ever is going on in Dallas, Philly or DC is their problem. No more division losses. PERIOD!

I can see the WC in the NFC requiring 11 or 12 wins this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    I can see the WC in the NFC requiring 11 or 12 wins this year.
    I totally agree. I'm surprised that no one is talking more about this. Two more division losses and it's game over.

no. no it doesnt.

um isnt division record for division champ tie breaker, and nfc conference record the tie breaker for the WC? lol

This might seem a little tough to grasp, but if we win one more game than any team in our division, we win the division. I know, I know, mind-blowing.

**** the division record for now.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    This might seem a little tough to grasp, but if we win one more game than any team in our division, we win the division. I know, I know, mind-blowing.

lol this is so true ^^^^^^^^^

I don't think serious trouble is ahead unless we drop next week's game to the Browns and then get our butts stomped by the 49ers. Then you'll see me start to panic a little bit.

You have to consider we were competitive both division games. No one likes losing to Dallas and Philly, but I think if we win next week and go into Candlestick park and leave with a win, we will be fine. Dallas looked like garbage against Chicago and Philly has gotten very lucky in three games. I have no doubt we'll pick up steam and win this division by at least two games.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post

Man, I am so with You on this! To be honest, Just give me 10 to 12 wins and a slot in the playoffs and I am good. I think this team plays much better on the road than at home anyway, so I think the WC or lower seed works much better to the Giants advantage than getting that # 1 seed. The 1 seed is a curse. Almost every team that was a 1 seed since 99 either lost in the divisional round or went to the SB and lost!