+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Just saw the Barden play again just now on ESPN32 and noticed something

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Every QB I've seen play in this game has made mistakes that didnt win the game. It doesnt happen to Eli more than anyone else. In fact, he actually makes the most plays that win games. He doesn't do it this time, and of course we all flip out about it.And a guy who has 2 SB wins and MVP's misses an open guy and doesn't get respect the "others" get because of that? okay then.......
    I'm not flipping out about it. Was just making a point. I don't think that. But that's the perception.. As far as the thread goes was just reporting what I noticed. Take it for what it's worth
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    That is the biggest pile of BS that i'v seen on these boards this season. Eli would never favor one receiver over another, if it meant loosing a game.
    If there's any favoritism involved its the spots where Eli throws the ball.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.
    Eli likes big targets. he as always preferred throwing to oversized targets, reason being even when they're not open they most often come up with the catch. When Eli develops good rapport with a receiver he usually forces it to them on 2-3 throws a game. He did it with Plax and SS and he does it with Nicks and I'm sure he'll try it with Barden. What would you do if you had a 6'6 WR...the same **** thing.

Bennet was not wide open. The LBer in charge of coverage of Bennett read Eli and jumped towards the side Eli threw at right about the time Eli threw it.

Had Eli peeped back over at Bennett, or worse, stared Bennett down, coverage would have been there no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Bennet was not wide open. The LBer in charge of coverage of Bennett read Eli and jumped towards the side Eli threw at right about the time Eli threw it.

Had Eli peeped back over at Bennett, or worse, stared Bennett down, coverage would have been there no doubt.
    If Bennett keeps running straight he is wide open there is no way a LB can keep up with him and that is about as wide open as you can get in the nfl.....

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Eli likes big targets. he as always preferred throwing to oversized targets, reason being even when they're not open they most often come up with the catch. When Eli develops good rapport with a receiver he usually forces it to them on 2-3 throws a game. He did it with Plax and SS and he does it with Nicks and I'm sure he'll try it with Barden. What would you do if you had a 6'6 WR...the same **** thing.
    I would throw it to wide open Bennett who is also a big guy, and has 3 TDs in his bag already with Eli this season, there's literally no upside in going with Barden as much as you want to believe all of what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post

I don't post much (ie the name), but I do like to come on here an see other peoples insights from the doom & gloom to the few optimistic posts. Like the fellow above me said there was a LB man to man on Bennett who broke after Eli turned towards Barden & initiated the throw. The throw was the least riskiest (man-to-man coverage with a 6'6 WR thrown towards the sideline/endzone) with the most reward. I do think that Bradshaw was the better option with least risk (but low reward). Nobody wants to leave a game to a FG even one that is 40 + yards (which it was at that time). Eli went for the win & missed... nobody on these boards, or on the field even thought of an offensive off PI. If there is any throw to ? it would be the int in the endzone, which calculated to the difference in the game. However, once again Eli put this team in a position to win.

Probably time to move on. The Giants had a chance to win even with that horrible play. They didn't... next.

Quote Originally Posted by Hessian View Post
    Probably time to move on. The Giants had a chance to win even with that horrible play. They didn't... next.
    +1

bennett looked to have 1 on 1 like barden until eli turned to throw the ball. still would have probably been a better choice though to go to big marty up top 1 on 1 rather than barden.

on a side note, i dont think nnamdi gets a pick here if barden doesnt interfere. he picked up the ball way too late and landed too far beyond his reach. he also hugged barden behind his back as if he lost track of him.

obviously all this hindsight means nothing but there were some better options for eli on that play. we all know he will bounce back though. they ended up losing because a tough kick fell a yard short.

+ Reply to Thread