+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Just saw the Barden play again just now on ESPN32 and noticed something

The game is over so move on. Analyzing games with what if's will take years away from your life so appreciate what Eli does best instead of criticizing him for a mistake now and then. The guy is all game! Lets move on, hope for the best and heal quickly and see if things fall into place.
    Go Giants!
    "There is winning and there is Misery"

All-Pro
    Yea. Guess we are beating a dead horse here. On to Cleveland
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    You have no clue what Eli's pre-snap reads were, and are ignoring the fact that we had no timeouts left.

My only beef on the play was trusting Barden in a crucial point in the game. He's no Manningham
    at 6'6 you put up a jump ball..I guarantee he's the only one coming down with it

Veteran
    There's always someone open, what matters though, is if they are open when the QB looks his way. A QB may or may not go through all his reads. Sometimes they decide where to go with the ball pre-snap or right after the snap because they see a match up / scenario they like. On that play Eli looked that way at the start, but it was probably just to mess with the safety. Then he looked to his right and tossed it to Nnamdi...I mean Barden.

Let it go bro. Lets focus on the Browns.

Bradshaw in the flat would have been the better call....I see what you're saying about Bennett, but by the time he's in the fram, the ball is released and defender are turning toward Barden.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Bradshaw in the flat would have been the better call....I see what you're saying about Bennett, but by the time he's in the fram, the ball is released and defender are turning toward Barden.
    Actually there is one out there that shows him from the LOS. He was never covered

4-New York Giants!!!!!

All-Pro
    Maybe the 22 will show it tomorrow

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Something not being said here... If you watch the vid, you can clearly see the play was going to Barden from the start. There was no progressions on that play. Eli never even looked anywhere else so to complain Bennet was open doesn't matter. Not to mention they are racing the clock. Eli can't be sitting there picking and choosing at that point.

As Eli said, it was a bad throw and Barden actually made a smart play by not allowing a turnover. The Eagles, for whatever reason have our number. Why is that so hard to come to terms with? They can beat us every game for all I care, it hasn't won them a superbowl yet. We'll bounce back.

I think that milk has already been spilt, we know that it wasn't the correct place to throw so....move on! I also don't think he had a ton of time to make a decision back there he was worried about the pressure and got rid of the ball really to quickly in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Bennet was not wide open. The LBer in charge of coverage of Bennett read Eli and jumped towards the side Eli threw at right about the time Eli threw it.

Had Eli peeped back over at Bennett, or worse, stared Bennett down, coverage would have been there no doubt.
    The only smart one so far. As soon as Eli releases the LB pulls off, Bennet was hardly wide open when he made his read. Watch again.

+ Reply to Thread