+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Just saw the Barden play again just now on ESPN32 and noticed something

The defender release. Barden may have been more open but not wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANTSACK View Post
    The defender release. Barden may have been more open but not wide open.
    he was still 1 on 1 with a huge height advantage. I dont a gree with the play call but nit a terrible decsion. Not the best throw and Barden mugged Namdi. Eli was prob thinking the worst that can happen is that it goes incomplete...idealy. Then they kick from the 27 anyway.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    ..because it couldnt possibly that they just disagree with his assesment... and if they do they are a "lover" over a un-biased "supporter" in your latest labeling...

I dont know how many times there will be a replay of broken up play or a well defended play and it never fails that you hear "DUUUUUUUUUUDE the other guy was WIIIIIIDE open!!"

It would benefit the game so much if the ALL 22 view was incorporated into the broadcast so that people can see just because a receiver is open when the other receiver's play is broken up, it doesnt mean they were open when the reads are made.
    There are plenty that got really defensive over him pointing it out at all. Its one thing to disagree. It's another to get butt hurt about it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    just watched this play on the all 22 film

I'm not blaming Eli ...... absolutely not

but it would have been fantastic if he looked straight up the seam and saw Bennett running completely alone

I know hindsight is 20/20 ...... but our boy missed that one

you can see that Eli doesn't even look his way

just an unfortunate turn of events.

on to Cleveland
    I agree he had enough time to at least look his way and never did. I do not think if he looked that way first though that Bennett would be as wide open as it may appear on the film even on the 22 which I have also seen. It was not like Bennett got a free release and no Eagles player was within defendable reach of him. He did not get a free release and there was a LB'er right with Bennett and the LB'er only vacates after Eli releases the throw. However, if he looks off Bennett then looks at Barden for a second then comes back to Bennett, it might have been a TD. He stared Barden down and threw it to him. Staring him down like that won't help you look off the LB'er who was near Bennett.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

looks to me like the safety let him go once the ball was in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    I agree he had enough time to at least look his way and never did. I do not think if he looked that way first though that Bennett would be as wide open as it may appear on the film even on the 22 which I have also seen. It was not like Bennett got a free release and no Eagles player was within defendable reach of him. He did not get a free release and there was a LB'er right with Bennett and the LB'er only vacates after Eli releases the throw. However, if he looks off Bennett then looks at Barden for a second then comes back to Bennett, it might have been a TD. He stared Barden down and threw it to him. Staring him down like that won't help you look off the LB'er who was near Bennett.
    yeah

as soon as Bennett cleared the LB the safety was still back pedaling and it would have been a sure TD if Eli just took his eyes off Barden for a second ..............and if Bennett caught the ball that is

no use crying over spilt milk though.....it happens

on to Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.
    GTFO with that BS. Eli wants to WIN games. The Giants dont play favorites, Especially ELI. That is all.POST!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

easy play would have been 5 yard checkdown to Bradshaw but I don't know if Eli trusted his hands..........The closest LB'er was about eight yards away so it would have give him a clear path to the sidelines if you look at the play it was probably the safest bet.

as most of you said bennett was prob not as wide open as i first thought. however like was also posted all he had to do was kinda commit to barden and pump fake then to back to bennett and it could of been a TD. but i will agree the safest play in that situation was a checkdown. Remember we still had time for another incompetion after the PI on Barden. and then still had 15 seconds left. I think we could of hit AB1 and still had time to run another quick out to sidelines with about 22 seconds left. would of made for a heck of alot easier FG thats for sure.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Bottom line is we lost games in both SB years we should have won during the Regular Season. This year will be no different. The key is to learn from your mistakes and improve as the year progresses. Then when we get down to the HOME stretch we again will be in Playoff mode and hopefully make a run at another title. Nice part about losing one like that is we have a WHOLE bunch more games ahead of us that will hopefully make us forget this one
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread