+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 93

Thread: Just saw the Barden play again just now on ESPN32 and noticed something

  1. #81
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    69
    ever take in to consideration that Bennett was wide open because the ball was thrown a while before? That safety coming over was probably nearer to Bennett than Barden.

  2. #82
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,089
    Quote Originally Posted by BallinNY View Post
    ever take in to consideration that Bennett was wide open because the ball was thrown a while before? That safety coming over was probably nearer to Bennett than Barden.
    I just did. in the previous post. I agree that he wasnt as wide open as i originally thought. I still think he could of made that play work by freezing the LBer. though
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  3. #83
    Hall of Famer Harooni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Think Big Rudy
    Posts
    57,494
    yes tc made the wrong calls and eli the wrong choice, now we move on because they both know and it happens.

  4. #84
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    yes tc made the wrong calls and eli the wrong choice, now we move on because they both know and it happens.
    Correct
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  5. #85
    Yes, he was wide open- this happens but I was more concerned about the draw play. Running a draw is not a bad call UNLESS you have no timeouts. That running play from the 27 yard line cost Giants 2 more passing plays.

  6. #86
    Starter
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    200
    We were going for a safe play. What would you say if Bennet had caught the ball then tripped and was touched down and the clock ran down to :00 with out us getting a chance to attempt the field goal? It doesn't matter who the QB is no one is going to throw the ball in the middle of the field with that little time left and no time outs.

  7. #87
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,089
    Quote Originally Posted by NYFG View Post
    We were going for a safe play. What would you say if Bennet had caught the ball then tripped and was touched down and the clock ran down to :00 with out us getting a chance to attempt the field goal? It doesn't matter who the QB is no one is going to throw the ball in the middle of the field with that little time left and no time outs.
    That play started with 47 seconds left. I think they would have been more then enough time to get down and spike it. even if the play took 20 seconds they could lf got down there to the line of scrimmage within 27 seconds to clock it...

    but like was said in this thread earlier. Bradshaw was the safe play. would have gained 8/9 yards and prob got out of bounds which would have given them time for one endzone shot priob to kicking a FG
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

    # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

    1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

    ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    If you dont look at where the pass is going and look in the middle of the field and watch Bennett you will see that he goes down the field uncovered. Eli could of hit him around the 10/12 yard line and he could of walked in for the GAME WINNING TD and we are 3-1 instead of 2-2... UNREAL..


    This is the 2nd time Eli has missed a WIDEOPEN Reciever. Remember when he hit Beatty in the hands who dropped it and Bradshaw was standing alone in corner of the endzone?....

    Bennett was that wide open. IF you are going to take a shot down the field take a look all around. He didnt have pressure when he threw it so there was time to look at bennett.

    Take a look at it guys and let me know what you think. Hine sight is 20/20 so its water under the bridge now but it makes me so mad

    Unfortunately, Eli doesn't get to see the field from the comfort of your couch like you do!
    You ever see the game from his vantage point? I watched a football game live from the endzone and couldn't tell what the hell was going on .......and that was a College game that is played at half the speed of the NFL! Be carefull, because you're starting to sound like one of those Monday morning know it all talking heads.

  9. #89
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.
    This is a joke right? Wow, there are some morons pretending to be Giant fans.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    If you dont look at where the pass is going and look in the middle of the field and watch Bennett you will see that he goes down the field uncovered. Eli could of hit him around the 10/12 yard line and he could of walked in for the GAME WINNING TD and we are 3-1 instead of 2-2... UNREAL..


    This is the 2nd time Eli has missed a WIDEOPEN Reciever. Remember when he hit Beatty in the hands who dropped it and Bradshaw was standing alone in corner of the endzone?....

    Bennett was that wide open. IF you are going to take a shot down the field take a look all around. He didnt have pressure when he threw it so there was time to look at bennett.

    Take a look at it guys and let me know what you think. Hine sight is 20/20 so its water under the bridge now but it makes me so mad
    You're wrong about Bennet being open on that play. Only reasont the safety moved over was becasue the ball was already in the air and he was running to the ball. That safety was definintly initially in middle zone coverage. Eli would have had to throw a perfect ball to even get it in over the LB and under the safety and even if he does MB prolly gets blown up before crossing the goal line.
    All Hail The New York Giants!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts