+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    All-Pro
    Wow, some people really take it personally if you point out an Eli mistake. It happens, even to 2 time SB MVP's.

There was a lot of mistakes in that game, and even Eli made a few, but the fact is that it should not have come down to that play.

It might be possible that he was in the mode of " throw it to the sideline or no where" because of fear of not being able to stop the clock with a play finishing in bounds. Im sure that he may have written off throwing it in the middle of the field before even receiving the snap.

Bennett was all alone but it's gone now. Time to move on.

There's no guarantee that a sideline pass would stop the clock, WR has to go out of bounds while the defender is draped all over him. If Bennett was wide open Eli has to throw his way, I chalk it up to another one of those brain cramps on Eli.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.
    That is the biggest pile of BS that i'v seen on these boards this season. Eli would never favor one receiver over another, if it meant loosing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    There's no guarantee that a sideline pass would stop the clock, WR has to go out of bounds while the defender is draped all over him. If Bennett was wide open Eli has to throw his way, I chalk it up to another one of those brain cramps on Eli.
    I think Eli is at the bottom of the QB list if we are counting brain cramps. Would be a great NFL stat though with Romo, Cutler, and Sanchez at the top of the list.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    If you dont look at where the pass is going and look in the middle of the field and watch Bennett you will see that he goes down the field uncovered. Eli could of hit him around the 10/12 yard line and he could of walked in for the GAME WINNING TD and we are 3-1 instead of 2-2... UNREAL..

This is the 2nd time Eli has missed a WIDEOPEN Reciever. Remember when he hit Beatty in the hands who dropped it and Bradshaw was standing alone in corner of the endzone?....

Bennett was that wide open. IF you are going to take a shot down the field take a look all around. He didnt have pressure when he threw it so there was time to look at bennett.

Take a look at it guys and let me know what you think. Hine sight is 20/20 so its water under the bridge now but it makes me so mad
    I seen the replay a few times but didn't notice that it did seem that the ball was over thrown...I'm not sure it would have been intercepted...yeah it sucks... just wasn't meant to be

Quote Originally Posted by dannydufflebags View Post
    It might be possible that he was in the mode of " throw it to the sideline or no where" because of fear of not being able to stop the clock with a play finishing in bounds. Im sure that he may have written off throwing it in the middle of the field before even receiving the snap.
    This is basically what I've heard is that he was looking sideline only. Eli has further commented that he should have thrown it back shoulder to Barden.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    This is basically what I've heard is that he was looking sideline only. Eli has further commented that he should have thrown it back shoulder to Barden.
    yeah I believe that's the story, TC alluded to the same in an article RF posted earlier today...

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    Just that the knock on him is stuff like that. Why he doesn't get the respect some of the others get..
    Every QB I've seen play in this game has made mistakes that didnt win the game. It doesnt happen to Eli more than anyone else. In fact, he actually makes the most plays that win games. He doesn't do it this time, and of course we all flip out about it.

And a guy who has 2 SB wins and MVP's misses an open guy and doesn't get respect the "others" get because of that? okay then.......