+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Why is it UNREAL? Do you really expect a two time super bowl MVP to make perfect split second decisions all the time?
    I say we bench him & bring in Sanchize.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNYGiants View Post
    Barden is Eli's bear hug buddy, Eli wanted Barden to shine, favoritism in sports exists, I'm sure Eli supporters won't mind even at the cost of losing a game.
    I don't know if this was said in the last few pages, but Eli liked the match up he had with Barden on that play. Think he only had eyes for the route and no others. I saw Bennett running wide open and was screaming at the TV for him to throw it. I thought he definitely would have and was pretty pumped for a split second thinking "oh **** they just handed us the game".

Oh well, everyone screws up here and there.

You guys serious? The reason he "looks" all alone is because the ball is already on it's way down the field. When Eli first looked to his left there was over/under coverage on Bennett......it wasn't until the ball was halfway to Barden that the defenders released him. It was a read and the right read regardless of separation. One on one on the outside to a receiver with a size advantage.

The way the original post read I was expecting to see Bennett with a free release and no one within 15 yards of him. Far from the case.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayC View Post
    You guys serious? The reason he "looks" all alone is because the ball is already on it's way down the field. When Eli first looked to his left there was over/under coverage on Bennett......it wasn't until the ball was halfway to Barden that the defenders released him. It was a read and the right read regardless of separation. One on one on the outside to a receiver with a size advantage.

The way the original post read I was expecting to see Bennett with a free release and no one within 15 yards of him. Far from the case.
    This is exactly correct. No way was Bennett as wide open as people are making it sound. There was a LB'er right with him until Eli releases the throw to Barden. I still say they should have just run the ball up the gut to center the FG try and hope Tynes, who had yet to miss a kick this year, makes a FG from that distance.

Time to forget about it and move on. Close this thread out Bennett was never the option and was not even close to being wide open.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

to me it looks like Bennett didn't come open until Eli committed to throwing at Barden.
    Last edited by burier; 10-03-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueOnes View Post
    The only smart one so far. As soon as Eli releases the LB pulls off, Bennet was hardly wide open when he made his read. Watch again.
    Thank you for actually knowing how to watch a football play and not just make assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    Something not being said here... If you watch the vid, you can clearly see the play was going to Barden from the start. There was no progressions on that play. Eli never even looked anywhere else so to complain Bennet was open doesn't matter. Not to mention they are racing the clock. Eli can't be sitting there picking and choosing at that point.

As Eli said, it was a bad throw and Barden actually made a smart play by not allowing a turnover. The Eagles, for whatever reason have our number. Why is that so hard to come to terms with? They can beat us every game for all I care, it hasn't won them a superbowl yet. We'll bounce back.

Yes you are right, according to pre snap reads, Eli said he thought Barden had the best chance. So he threw it.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I find it funny that the OP, an ardent Eli supporter, is being called out by his Eli loving peers for bringing up a mistake.
    ..because it couldnt possibly that they just disagree with his assesment... and if they do they are a "lover" over a un-biased "supporter" in your latest labeling...

I dont know how many times there will be a replay of broken up play or a well defended play and it never fails that you hear "DUUUUUUUUUUDE the other guy was WIIIIIIDE open!!"

It would benefit the game so much if the ALL 22 view was incorporated into the broadcast so that people can see just because a receiver is open when the other receiver's play is broken up, it doesnt mean they were open when the reads are made.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Eli has done enough already in his career to get a pass on this. He is not the first QB to not make the perfect decision on every play.

just watched this play on the all 22 film

I'm not blaming Eli ...... absolutely not

but it would have been fantastic if he looked straight up the seam and saw Bennett running completely alone

I know hindsight is 20/20 ...... but our boy missed that one

you can see that Eli doesn't even look his way

just an unfortunate turn of events.

on to Cleveland
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 10-03-2012 at 12:51 PM.