+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Wilson in our offense

Gilbride should draw up some screens, get Wilson the ball in space. He's said to be a good receiver out of the backfield, and has the speed and power to really hurt teams in the open field. It may get the run game a bit of a spark too when defenses have another thing to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    Gilbride should draw up some screens, get Wilson the ball in space. He's said to be a good receiver out of the backfield, and has the speed and power to really hurt teams in the open field. It may get the run game a bit of a spark too when defenses have another thing to think about.
    I can't argue with this at all but I guess he's still in the doghouse but I think we are going to see him a lot against the Browns this Sunday....

im hoping the same thing! Wilson had that fumble in game 1, TC didnt like that especially after giving him an opportunity to show up! but hes a rookie!

i imagine Gilbride will eventually design something for him! he can be dangerous for us!

in a coupla games hopefully we can bump this thread with nothing but positive comments about his play!

He dropped a pass Sunday but most importanttly he's behind Bradsahaw and Brown at the moment. He will get his chances. Coughlin has been very complimentary of Wilson's kick returns and his efforts at practice
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-03-2012 at 06:19 AM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He dropped a pass Sunday but most importanttly he's behind Bradsahaw and Brown at the moment. He will get his chances. Cougfhlin has been very cimplimentary of Wilson's kick returns and his efforts at practice
    He has the potential to break one everytime he touches the ball
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    He has the potential to break one everytime he touches the ball
    I expect it now
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Gilbride should draw up some screens,
    They've given him that screen where he lines up out wide. They ran it in pre-season and against Tampa, if I remember correctly.
    There was also that two-back shotgun form they tried using him in on Sunday.

It's clear that they're trying to get him involved but it looks like he'll be phased in over a large amount of time. Frustrating, but fairly typical of the team where rookies are concerned.

Perhaps his performance on the return unit will speed up the process somewhat?
    Last edited by Flip Empty; 10-02-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Indeed, passes in the Flat, Check Downs Etc,

though, utilizing him as a True Running Back would also be superior,

giving him one swing toss, a game is not only predictable, it's not utilizing him,

don't forget he had the most yards after Contact, more than Trent Richardson, he has power speed and elusiveness, a Cut Back type back, with power,

Wilson's usage on returns last sunday was primarily to test him to see if he could hold onto the ball. He passed with flying colors. I expect to see him in the backfield more often going forward.

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Wilson's usage on returns last sunday was primarily to test him to see if he could hold onto the ball. He passed with flying colors. I expect to see him in the backfield more often going forward.
    I agree that they wanted to test him but the fact that they haven't utilized a weapon of his caliber (1st round draft pick) except for kick off returns, makes me want to puke. Add in the fact that this team has struggled in the run game and this kid has been riding the pine makes me want to punch a nun who is helping an old lady across the street.