+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are The Cowboys The New Redskins ?

Are The Cowboys The New Redskins ?

I think they are. They beat us, but get their Butts handed to them outside the Division.

The cowboys aren't what the analysts said they were, that's for sure. They have talent, but they won't win rings with Romo at the helm. Guy seems to break down for sure.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

Eh maybe.

Romo shook the early season funk he was in last season and may be able to do it again. I think Romo has maxed out his potential here though and is on the decline, so I'm not going to say that it's entirely likely that he gets it together toward the end of this year.

I'm more concerned about the funk the other guys are in. (Bryant/Witten) and the offensive line.

At any rate I've stated before the season that this would not be the Cowboys year and 2013 would most likely be the best shot at a strong playoff contending team. I'll stick by that because I think that time and another active offseason can fix what ails the O and D line. But then again Romo will be another year older.

Romo is not the problem, sure he has some bad tendencies, but w/o him we are 0-4. He starts to meltdown when he has to start pressing to make something happen because the rest of his teammates are not stepping up. The OLine is first and foremost the problem, 2nd is the def line followed by a HC who does not know how to maximize his players to succeed. There are ways to work around a poor line like mixing in more slants, play action, etc. Garrett still thinks he is running the 90's playbook and that will not work. Stop with the 7 sec plays and go to the quick strikes to open up the running game. Also, way too many shot-gun snaps, this offense is not balanced at all.

Veteran
    Romo takes more flack then he deserves when they do "under perform".

95% of the problem is that the media decides to anoint them Super Bowl bound every single year before the season starts, and half the time it's for no good reason whatsoever. So expectations are always high when they rarely should be.

Veteran
    retirement home in Dallas (my son married a Texas gal. Woe is me)
    Romo sucks. The Cowboys are a laughing stock. end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by tabascocat View Post
    Romo is not the problem, sure he has some bad tendencies, but w/o him we are 0-4. He starts to meltdown when he has to start pressing to make something happen because the rest of his teammates are not stepping up. The OLine is first and foremost the problem, 2nd is the def line followed by a HC who does not know how to maximize his players to succeed. There are ways to work around a poor line like mixing in more slants, play action, etc. Garrett still thinks he is running the 90's playbook and that will not work. Stop with the 7 sec plays and go to the quick strikes to open up the running game. Also, way too many shot-gun snaps, this offense is not balanced at all.
    I contend, without him we're 1-3 seeing how the only win where he deserves a ton of credit was against a familiar decimated Giants secondary. Tampa was won by the defense.

The defensive line is a problem that is correctable (you may be forgetting that they were absent two starters and a pretty solid OLB last game). But even taking that out of the equation, just have to combine time with an active FA period and solid draft. Same goes for the offensive line, but honestly, whose offensive line is playing good these days anyway?

What seems to not be correctable is Romo. Granted, he's not getting much help from offense, but no team in this league fears that Romo is going to make an accurate throw down the field to burn their defense so they stack the box, taking away the run and daring Romo to beat them with his arm. Sometimes he's successful, but over the course of the game the defense is winning that battle because mistake prone Romo rears his ugly head.

He seemingly has stopped learning from his mistakes, and that's my biggest gripe with him at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Giants5699 View Post
    Romo sucks. The Cowboys are a laughing stock. end of story.
    That performance wasn't all on him. Dez Bryant was awful

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    That performance wasn't all on him. Dez Bryant was awful
    I believe Bryant only had 1 drop for catchable balls last season... this year he's had at least 5, 2 coming in the last game against the bears. Very strange stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Romo takes more flack then he deserves when they do "under perform".

95% of the problem is that the media decides to anoint them Super Bowl bound every single year before the season starts, and half the time it's for no good reason whatsoever. So expectations are always high when they rarely should be.
    all QBs do
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread