+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Deon Grant anyone?!?!?!?

I don't get it... We are decimated in the defensive backfield and why the Giants aren't calling this guy has me scratching my head... He was a leader on this D the last few years.. acted almost as a player-coach..

He was an anchor back there for us especially last season... Reese pick up the phone and give Mr Grant a call please... Cris Colinsworth even said Phillips would've gotten the pick the other night on a TD pass the rookie blew his assignment... Mr Grant is a savvy vet who can play and teach the young guns how its done..!!! The Giants always have the fans scratching their head!! I won't be surprised to see KP done for the year.. its the same knee he injured a couple years ago
    Last edited by shotcalla39; 10-02-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Grant had a great career but at 33 he is done. Stevie Brown played good for KP and Will Hill played slot CB better than Grant or Rolle did last year. And Sash is back now too.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Grant had a great career but at 33 he is done. Stevie Brown played good for KP and Will Hill played slot CB better than Grant or Rolle did last year. And Sash is back now too.
    Why's he done?? He played well for us last season..

Veteran
    Brown and Hill are proving we don't need an old guy back there anymore. We have solid options. Not to mention sash. So, no.

no I rather take our chances with the young talent and Will Hill is legit so is Brown they didn't pretty good Sunday Night...

Veteran
    O would love to see. The Giants grab DJ Moore @30 on the bears... He's their nickel back and he was all over the field last night.. deflecting passes , a pick 6 and laying the wood... He's a free agent at the end of season .. Reese needs to rake that guy

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Speaking of sash. Did he already get counted in final 53? I don't think so cause he hasn't been on the inactive list on Sundays. Which means someone on th. current roster has to go to make room for him. U say he is already back? So who was released to make room for him?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Grant played a very different position than KP or any of our injured DBs. He played as the 3rd safety in our 3 safety set. That position has been filled by Will hill and we have also seen JWill play that position.

So bringing him in does us no good.

Veteran
    What are u talking about?? Grant can Play any safety poition ... Rolle can Play a nickel back .. and grant can0/!y rolles poisition if you're worried about Grants speed.

I'd give him a call immediately. Not only could he provide some solid play, at the VERY LEAST he'd provide some veteran depth.

He was on the field QUITE A BIT last year when we managed to WIN A SUPERBOWL. Has he really fallen off that much in 7 or so months? I highly doubt it.

He could give us 20-25 snaps a game in obvious passing situations at safety and allow us to move Rolle to corner in the nickle and dime instead of being forced to play guys like Tryon or Hill/Sash/Brown.

Yeah, Brown looked okay for one game but do I trust him or Sash for a whole season? Not at all. Do I trust Grant? Yeah, I do, just look at last season. Makes no sense not to sign him back for the vet minimum. I loved the three safety look we played quite a bit at times last year. Why we've decided to completely abandon that so far this season is beyond me.