+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Giants' Domenik Hixon has chance to step up with Hakeem Nicks' injury

Giants' Domenik Hixon has chance to step up with Hakeem Nicks' injury

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...m-nicks-injury

Excerpt: "Over the last two weeks, Hakeem Nicks has been out of the Giants' starting lineup with a knee injury.

His status for Week 5 against the Cleveland Browns has not yet been determined, but according to Ralph Vacchiano of the Daily News, it's not looking good.

After his 10-catch, 199-yard and a touchdown game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 2, receivers like Ramses Barden and Rueben Randle have had opportunities to step up.

Barden stepped up in Week 3 against the Carolina Panthers, but struggled in Week 4 against the Eagles. Randle has yet to be a factor at all this season.

However, against the Eagles, one receiver did step up: Domenik Hixon.

Against Philadelphia, Hixon had six catches for 114 yards, averaging 19 yards per reception with a long of 41 yards for the Giants." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

People forget that Hixon had the inside track for the #1 receiver spot when Plax went down in '08.

If he's on the field, he's always been a great weapon for Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    People forget that Hixon had the inside track for the #1 receiver spot when Plax went down in '08.

IA Kruunch. After his performance against the Eagles, they will have to take him seriously thereby opening up more opportunities elsewhere as well. As usual, I'm pulling for 'the gazelle"!

People forget that Hixon had the inside track for the #1 receiver spot when Plax went down in '08. If he's on the field, he's always been a great weapon for Eli.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Lets not forget who our receivers were that year. Smith, Toomer, Manningham, and Moss.

Smith had his role in the slot. Toomer was pretty much done. Manningham was a rookie, and Moss was Moss.

Becoming the number one receiver in that group is not a huge deal.

That being said, Hixon is a real nice player, but our offense takes a huge slide with Hakeem out. What makes our offensive attack so devastating is that teams have to find an answer for Nicks and Cruz. When one of them is out, it suddenly becomes a very average looking offense.

Hixon has the skills to be a starter on this team. Injuries haven't helped.. I see a big week for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistanihan View Post
    Hixon has the skills to be a starter on this team. Injuries haven't helped.. I see a big week for him.
    I would look for both Cruz and Hixon to have 150+ yards against the Browns

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I would look for both Cruz and Hixon to have 150+ yards against the Browns
    The only way we have two receivers with +150, is if we are chasing a big lead for most of the game. Kind of like the Tampa game. I surely hope that is not the case this week against a team like the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    The only way we have two receivers with +150, is if we are chasing a big lead for most of the game. Kind of like the Tampa game. I surely hope that is not the case this week against a team like the Browns.
    Are the Browns better than the Panthers, defensively?

Stepping up for me is when a guy does something he's never done before. Hixon has been an excellent player for us over several years (obvioulsy when not injured). Against the Eagles he did what he has done before and I expect more of it from him on Sunday.
    No one remembers who came in second.