+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Domenik Hixon has chance to step up with Hakeem Nicks' injury

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Hixon is a good player but no matter how you sugar coat it losing Nicks is a huge problem. There are only a maybe 5 WR's in the league that could take his place.
    Again making no sense. No one gives a **** about nicks right now because this is not his thread. Hixon isn't replacing Nicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Before his ACL injuries he was faster than Nicks. Nicks is not what you would call a fast WR.
    He's not as fast as Nicks, never has been. But it seems as though he hasn't lost a step after 2 ACL surguries, and that is HUGE...

We seem to have to poster with conflicting opinions on the speed of Hixon vs Nicks.hmmmm...
    I bet if you line um up right now Hixon would smoke Nicks in the 40 yd dash since Nicks has a foot, knee,,,,, some type of leg problem anyway. I can say one thing about Nicks vs all the other WRs. He's better at getting off press coverage than the lot of them & that's a definate problem I saw in the Cowboy & Eagles game. No one could consistantly get off on press coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    He's not as fast as Nicks, never has been. But it seems as though he hasn't lost a step after 2 ACL surguries, and that is HUGE... We seem to have to poster with conflicting opinions on the speed of Hixon vs Nicks.hmmmm... I bet if you line um up right now Hixon would smoke Nicks in the 40 yd dash since Nicks has a foot, knee,,,,, some type of leg problem anyway. I can say one thing about Nicks vs all the other WRs. He's better at getting off press coverage than the lot of them & that's a definate problem I saw in the Cowboy & Eagles game. No one could consistantly get off on press coverage.
    We had two receivers with 100+ yards. Luck?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We had two receivers with 100+ yards. Luck?
    Maybe Eli?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Hicks, Nixon, whatever. Just throw him the damn ball.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    Maybe Eli?
    Someone had to make the catches, no? We played well enough to win, made enough mistakes to lose it
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-03-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Hixon is an ideal number 3 wide receiver
    +1

Hixon showed that he didn't have the chops to be the #1 (dropped too many big passes back in the day). He's a competent #2 and an awesome #3.

As RF stated, in no way am I saying that Hixon can replace the production that Nicks gives us ... just that we aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel with Hixon.

Quote Originally Posted by jakegibbs View Post
    He's not as fast as Nicks, never has been. But it seems as though he hasn't lost a step after 2 ACL surguries, and that is HUGE...

We seem to have to poster with conflicting opinions on the speed of Hixon vs Nicks.hmmmm...
    I bet if you line um up right now Hixon would smoke Nicks in the 40 yd dash since Nicks has a foot, knee,,,,, some type of leg problem anyway. I can say one thing about Nicks vs all the other WRs. He's better at getting off press coverage than the lot of them & that's a definate problem I saw in the Cowboy & Eagles game. No one could consistantly get off on press coverage.
    As far as I know, Hixon (today) is faster than Nicks (both in acceleration and flat out speed). Nicks has stronger hands and "plays bigger" than Hixon (even though Hixon is an inch taller). Nicks also seems to be more route savvy than Hixon (Nicks' best quality).

NIcks is an exceptional athlete whether he's faster or not. Speed doesn't equate to a great WR, skill, route running and hard work do. That being said, if Hixon can stay on the field and get some playing time no one knows how good he could get. By no means is Hixon a replacement for NIcks, he is a reliable sub until Nicks is healthy. Like it or not, that's how it's going to be..

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    People forget that Hixon had the inside track for the #1 receiver spot when Plax went down in '08.

If he's on the field, he's always been a great weapon for Eli.
    Lets not forget who our receivers were that year. Smith, Toomer, Manningham, and Moss.

Smith had his role in the slot. Toomer was pretty much done. Manningham was a rookie, and Moss was Moss.

Becoming the number one receiver in that group is not a huge deal.

That being said, Hixon is a real nice player, but our offense takes a huge slide with Hakeem out. What makes our offensive attack so devastating is that teams have to find an answer for Nicks and Cruz. When one of them is out, it suddenly becomes a very average looking offense.

+ Reply to Thread