+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I just wish we had an effective running game
    Don't we all? 37 yards just doesnt cut it. Yes, Eli is great but he shouldnt have to throw the ball 40+ times a game. Plus the game was never more than a score apart.. sad really..

I was worrying about Hixon alot becasue it seemed he haden't been the same since the early portion of his giants career.. I think of huge drop vs philly in postseason and some drops in dallas that was also a loss.. But he was sensational against philly, and looked like the playmaker he was when he was a KR/WR in his early days as a giant...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I was worrying about Hixon alot becasue it seemed he haden't been the same since the early portion of his giants career.. I think of huge drop vs philly in postseason and some drops in dallas that was also a loss.. But he was sensational against philly, and looked like the playmaker he was when he was a KR/WR in his early days as a giant...
    Yeah I have to eat crow about Hixon but he was big time against Philly I was super impressed he made huge catch after huge catch........

Stepping up for me is when a guy does something he's never done before. Hixon has been an excellent player for us over several years (obvioulsy when not injured). Against the Eagles he did what he has done before and I expect more of it from him on Sunday.
    No one remembers who came in second.

;
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Stepping up for me is when a guy does something he's never done before. Hixon has been an excellent player for us over several years (obvioulsy when not injured). Against the Eagles he did what he has done before and I expect more of it from him on Sunday.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    People forget that Hixon had the inside track for the #1 receiver spot when Plax went down in '08.

If he's on the field, he's always been a great weapon for Eli.
    And, he had the inside track for the number 2 until he went down with injury and Cruz ran with it.

Hixon is solid!

All-Pro
    Needs a huge game Sunday now that barden also could be out possibly
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    not really.. U guys are just totally remembering it wrong.. He was really good early on, mostly as a KR, and when Plax got hurt, he torched seattle, but after that, he had some ok games, but nothing special.. He certainly wasen't putting together many if any at all 6catch 115yrd games, thats for sure!