+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Captain

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Yeah....I dont nkow. It seems he is on fire at times and other times not so much. He did get a few pressures the other night but something has to get better within that group.
    Tuck needs a monster sack or FF to get fired up. I feel like this week is going to be a big weekend for our D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistanihan View Post
    Tuck needs a monster sack or FF to get fired up. I feel like this week is going to be a big weekend for our D.
    hope so......they need it.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

The player that is most respected in the locker room should be captain imo. It doesn't matter if you're a back up or don't have great production. When rookies are made captains, something is wrong.

Veteran
    Stats and leadership don't go hand in hand. It's about having the respect of teammates from how you handle yourself during the day-to-day stuff of being a professional athlete. Tuck is a good locker room guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    Stats and leadership don't go hand in hand. It's about having the respect of teammates from how you handle yourself during the day-to-day stuff of being a professional athlete. Tuck is a good locker room guy.
    +1 trillion! Tuck has been there and has stepped up and taken the role when Strahan left. The guy is a grizzled vet and knows what he is talking about. He has the respect of the players and I believe is one of the people who made Rolle realize doing things Coughlin's way works.

I'm surprised this is even an issue. We seemed to get burned by guys not staying in their lanes and maintaining their containment. This is something for the coaches to fix....

The same could be said about Blackburn...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

I'd say effort and leadership go hand and hand and Tuck is a halfassed player. How many times is he gonna miss the the ball carrier and then walk around behind the play as it unfolds.

Its not just the coaches who see that. The players see it to and at that point you either are given the impression that its ok to give up on plays since Cap is doing it. Or you tune Cap out all together.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The same could be said about Blackburn...
    And I'd have no problem with Blackburn being the captain. Everything he stands for is great and should be respected.

how does one become captain. I was under the impression that the players elect the captians. If this is the case, then they obviously know or see something that many posters on here do not regarding Tuck.

+ Reply to Thread