+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Defensive Captain

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Unless the Defensive Captain is issued magic underwear that gives him super powers....yes....I maintain that it's meaningless and has zero, zip, zilch bearing on anything!
    Have you ever played football on any level?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Unless the Defensive Captain is issued magic underwear that gives him super powers....yes....I maintain that it's meaningless and has zero, zip, zilch bearing on anything!
    ask the Ravens...or The Bears....
    they may differ in opnion
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Have you ever played football on any level?
    or any organized athletic activity for that matter

captains are absolutely invaluable

I think this is something the players and coach decide . We are not in the locker room

[QUOTE=GameTime;516884]
    thats makes little sense because its usually the MLB who does that. Thats a position requirement not an elected team issue...
    TY for making my argument for me! In 2007, we can both agree that Michael Strahan was the most vocal, inspirationall leader on the Giants Defense......... But who was the Defensive Captain? Antonio Pierce

I think of "captain" and can't help but recognizing DJ as the ultimate. The closest thing to Jeter on the entire Giants team is Eli, and on the offense side of things, it seems we have more attitude that is reflective of the organization as a whole. Obviously guys like Nicks, Cruz, Snee, Hynoski, and surely others are buying into some sort of leadership example and perpetuating it. I don't see the same thing on the defense side. The defense seems like a whole separate culture where things are more outspoken and undisciplined, unstable, vague - and pehaps chronically injured. Anyone else see this difference between the offense and defense?

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    or any organized athletic activity for that matter

captains are absolutely invaluable
    I'm sayin....
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

[QUOTE=bigblue58;516917]
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post

TY for making my argument for me! In 2007, we can both agree that Michael Strahan was the most vocal, inspirationall leader on the Giants Defense......... But who was the Defensive Captain? Antonio Pierce
    it wasnt because he was calling the plays.....dont pat your self on the back to much you may hurt your arm....
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Fee-fi-fo-fum View Post
    I think of "captain" and can't help but recognizing DJ as the ultimate. The closest thing to Jeter on the entire Giants team is Eli, and on the offense side of things, it seems we have more attitude that is reflective of the organization as a whole. Obviously guys like Nicks, Cruz, Snee, Hynoski, and surely others are buying into some sort of leadership example and perpetuating it. I don't see the same thing on the defense side. The defense seems like a whole separate culture where things are more outspoken and undisciplined, unstable, vague - and pehaps chronically injured. Anyone else see this difference between the offense and defense?
    what you say has merrit. There is no "Eli" on the defensive sid eof the ball. They dont seem to have that person who inspires confidence and calmness like Eli does. I cant say that for sure of course but it does seem that way.

+ Reply to Thread