+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Defensive Captain

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    I think its time for the most productive player on the defense to take that role over and obviously its JPP.
    I would say Blackburn and Boley as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mistanihan View Post
    Rolle without a doubt. Every season since he has been here he has played hard just about every snap. He is loud, fiery and a presence out there. Always intense on and off the field. I'd vote for him.
    Not Rolle....he is one of the most undisciplined players on the D. He is good but he is out of poisiotn alot and doesnt go with the scheme as much as he should. NOt a good example IMO for a capt. Tuck, although not performing well, can still be a very good captain. in his defense they have hardly ever shown any Giants' player pumping up the team on any kind of regular basis. You saw BJ a few times over the years and Tuck last year a couple of times. However we have no idea what goes on in the locker during the week or before a game.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

No reason to change this at all. Tuck is not a natural leader but guys tend to listen when he speaks. His production may be down but a great display of leadership is perseverance through adversity. He showed he could do it last year when dealing injuries and there is no reason to believe he can't do it again.

The only problem with the Prince situation is that idiot punter posting it online. Prince was playing zero toughness and now his mind seems right.

What kind of message does it send to your team if you strip a guy of his captaincy mid season? This isn't the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    What kind of message does it send to your team if you strip a guy of his captaincy mid season? This isn't the Jets.
    I kinda envy the Jets. They always seem to be in that stress-free, "nothing to lose" situation..

Quote Originally Posted by Fee-fi-fo-fum View Post
    I kinda envy the Jets. They always seem to be in that stress-free, "nothing to lose" situation..
    ???????

this makes 0 sense....
    you envy the Jets????
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    ???????

this makes 0 sense....
    you envy the Jets????
    try it like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Fee-fi-fo-fum View Post
    try it like this:
    better.....

Someone should tell the Jets to join the club... we've lost our starting CB to an ACL 3 years in a row... before the season even started!

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    HE DRAFTED ELI MANNING?

WHY?

okay, were doomed! season over folks. it was nice knowing the giants while it lasted!

see you in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Not Rolle....he is one of the most undisciplined players on the D. He is good but he is out of poisiotn alot and doesnt go with the scheme as much as he should. NOt a good example IMO for a capt. Tuck, although not performing well, can still be a very good captain. in his defense they have hardly ever shown any Giants' player pumping up the team on any kind of regular basis. You saw BJ a few times over the years and Tuck last year a couple of times. However we have no idea what goes on in the locker during the week or before a game.
    I hear ya. More of a hypothetical I was thinking. There has to be an underlining issue with Tuck aside from injury. Maybe it's age, or just slow start to the season. Hopefully he picks it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistanihan View Post
    I hear ya. More of a hypothetical I was thinking. There has to be an underlining issue with Tuck aside from injury. Maybe it's age, or just slow start to the season. Hopefully he picks it up.
    Yeah....I dont nkow. It seems he is on fire at times and other times not so much. He did get a few pressures the other night but something has to get better within that group.

+ Reply to Thread