+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz Tells Randle to Step It Up

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    He needs to suck it up or he may be flipping burgers in the near future.
    He probably just feels like there's no way he can shine right now, so why bother.

Top that with a little anxiety and/or depression ?? (maybe, who knows), and you have yourself one unmotivated football player

Sounds like he will snap out of it, It is better that this is the problem rather than a lack of skill. You can't snap out of just not being as good as everyone else. Sounds like they still think he has tons of potential, just has to get his *** in gear and work for it.

He sees a guy like Barden get paid for three years of no production.

Eh, maybe he's just disappointed that he went from being the big fish to being a guppy in less than a year. It's understandable, but it's time to get over it and work like every day on the team could be his last.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

All of what Cruz says is true (and I love Cruz) but he should have kept it inside the locker room. IMO
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Randle was projected as a late 1st to early 2nd. I imagine he is having a hard time adjusting to the TC way of things having to break through a talented group of receivers. Maybe he feels the task is too daunting? Not sure what his deal is.
    This is all a good way of thinking and I believe you may be right.

Fact is - he should feel blessed he is on the New York Giants. David Wilson seems to be motivated for sure, but then again, he really doesn't have much competition at that position besides Bradshaw's experience.

No offense to Randle, but Cruz is right here. Step it up, you need to have motivation to be on this Tom Coughlin run team.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Randle was projected as a late 1st to early 2nd. I imagine he is having a hard time adjusting to the TC way of things having to break through a talented group of receivers. Maybe he feels the task is too daunting? Not sure what his deal is.
    I don't understand it either.

I would think being a rookie in immediate competition for the #3 spot on the defending SB champs roster would make me work harder, not less hard.

Are Barden, Hixon, and JJ that intimidating to him? Let's hope he steps it up, whatever the problem may be.

An unproductive Randle with a lazy attitude gets more playing consideration than Jernigan. That doesn't say much about JJ. Jernigan has always had a great attitude and work ethic from what I have heard about him. I live 50 miles from Troy so I've heard a great deal about him as well as watched him for 4 years. I just don't think Killdrive knows how to use JJ and Coughlin doesn't seem to care for him. Coach C never mentions anything positive about JJ. JJ is gonna be a star one day.............but maybe not with the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    All of what Cruz says is true (and I love Cruz) but he should have kept it inside the locker room. IMO
    I totally agree with you.

Exclamation Rueben Randle it's your time, STEP UP - Barden suffered concussion vs Eagles

Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday Ramses Barden suffered a concussion in the game against the Eagles.

Like Cruz said, act like you want to be here.... no **** that.... SHOW you want to be here... THANK GOD for having the opportunity to play for the greatest organization in the National Football league.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

#80 - Get well soon Vic

I feel like he is in the same line of situation as Martellus Bennett was in Dallas. He sees guys he is 5th on the depth chart and doesn't have the fire to go all in because he isn't getting the playing time. Hope that changes.

Odellious Beckinghammer the Twice, Go get yours soon.

Time to call up Plax... Haha

Odellious Beckinghammer the Twice, Go get yours soon.

+ Reply to Thread