+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz Tells Randle to Step It Up

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    All of what Cruz says is true (and I love Cruz) but he should have kept it inside the locker room. IMO
    Most people would agree but I think Collinsworth already let that one out of the bag. As much as people here hate the man, the guy has inside knowledge and once I heard him mention it, I was thinking "That's just swell." Who knows...maybe he needs a little pressure from the outside to push him. Players are motivated in different ways.

I think Randle will step up. His main lack of motivation is that he can't rise up on the depth chart enough to get playing time. IF he can get motivated he can make some great plays for us. Still wish we had Manningham (he's the first player in ever to have a decent football career after leaving the Giants), but we don't, so we need him to step up now...

However, I also see us running an offense more like we had vs. Carolina. The Browns and Panthers don't have the same level of defense that the Eagles do, and so I forsee Bennett going up the field more this game, rather than being kept in to block all the time. Still, we need that 3rd WR out there...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    All of what Cruz says is true (and I love Cruz) but he should have kept it inside the locker room. IMO
    I completely and respectfully disagree.
    It was already pretty common knowledge, and if getting called out by a guy who was competing for a spot on our practice squad 2 years ago and is now one of the best receivers in the NFL doesn't spark a fire under his butt, nothing will.
    I honestly can't think of a single person who it would have been more appropriate to have heard it from.

Id rather see JJ if Randles not motivated enough to play for the reigning Super Bowl champions.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Id rather see JJ if Randles not motivated enough to play for the reigning Super Bowl champions.
    I would like to see that myself also.

I think what Cruz did is just fine.

However, there is this little part in the back of my brain that thinks Cruz may be slightly envious that Randle was drafted early, and will make more money in his first 4 years than cruz will have.

Maybe he just thought when he was drafted to be Mario's replacement, that he was just gonna be handed the #3 job. Now that reality has set in -- and TC makes you EARN your role -- he hasn't taken it in a way that you'd like.

He's still a young kid, and it's good to see Cruz snap him out of it. We'll see how he reacts this weekend, b/c at this rate, he may have to play out of necessity...

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I completely and respectfully disagree.
    It was already pretty common knowledge, and if getting called out by a guy who was competing for a spot on our practice squad 2 years ago and is now one of the best receivers in the NFL doesn't spark a fire under his butt, nothing will.
    I honestly can't think of a single person who it would have been more appropriate to have heard it from.
    I'm with this school of thought. Good that Cruz put hum on blast.

On Blast. Nice haha

Yeah, you know who else needs to be put on blast? Osi. Someone needs to blast his *** and I would love it if JPP would just straight up call him out.

It will never happen, but Osi is the laughing stock of this defense at this point in time. Hes a fool who only did well in his career along side Strahan (who regularly commanded double teams) and by picking on 2nd string LT's.

I really hope he proves me wrong tho..

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I think what Cruz did is just fine.

However, there is this little part in the back of my brain that thinks Cruz may be slightly envious that Randle was drafted early, and will make more money in his first 4 years than cruz will have.
    Why wouldn't he be jealous seeing some lazy *** who hasn't done **** in this league get paid more than him after the season that he had last year?

I was very high on Randle and this just completely took the wind out of my sails . . . .

+ Reply to Thread