+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz Tells Randle to Step It Up

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    6 years and 15 mil? lol . . . try 6 years and $50 mil.
    Even that might not be enough. Dude is on pace for another 1500 yard season and is going to command a huge salary. Especially with his uncanny abilities in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    6 years and 15 mil? lol . . . try 6 years and $50 mil.
    Yeah you're right. But I think it will be more like 6 years 35 mil. I feel like 9.5 million a year is just too much and the Giants wont pay that. Plus we need to sign Hakeem eventually and Cruz & Hakeem will probably have very similar deals. there is no way we can pay 2 WR's 8+ Million a year.

So lets do the math:

Nicks: base salary this year : 750,000
    Cruz: base salary this year: 490,000
    Hixon: base salary this year: 615,000
    Barden: base salary this year: 565,000
    Randle: base salary this year: 390,000
    Jernigan: base slary this year: 465,000

That is one CHEAP WR corps compare to their production. Good job Front Office, well done..
    Thats pretty amazing that we have all 6 of our main WR's this year for only 3.2 Million. Thats what some teams pay for only ONE WR.

For Comparison:
    Vincent Jackson base salary this year: 11 MILLION holy camels!!
    Brandon Marshall base salary this year: 9.3 MILLION wowww we have a deal here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    All of what Cruz says is true (and I love Cruz) but he should have kept it inside the locker room. IMO
    I mostly agree but then....

I watch post after post criticizing the organization for not playing this guy and that guy, insulting the coaches who do this for a living when we don't have a clue about anything other than what we see on the field on game days. There are always reasons some players don't break through and this is a perfect example of why coaches should get the benefit of the doubt.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Id rather see JJ if Randles not motivated enough to play for the reigning Super Bowl champions.
    What is this garbage on this thread libeling Randle? It takes time for receivers to learn an offense and become comfortable in a massively complex offense in which routes are run on intuition. We are just finished hearing all sorts of blather how it took three years for Barden and Toomer before him to become established receivers.

First, someone says not motivated. Next, he has an "attitude problem." Are you armchair coaches in the locker room establishing this information first hand?

Did Eli have an attitude problem when he stunk up the place in his first year, when he was thrust into the lineup to gain experience and showed facial expressions that some didn't like?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenZone View Post
    What is this garbage on this thread libeling Randle? It takes time for receivers to learn an offense and become comfortable in a massively complex offense in which routes are run on intuition. We are just finished hearing all sorts of blather how it took three years for Barden and Toomer before him to become established receivers.

First, someone says not motivated. Next, he has an "attitude problem." Are you armchair coaches in the locker room establishing this information first hand?

Did Eli have an attitude problem when he stunk up the place in his first year, when he was thrust into the lineup to gain experience and showed facial expressions that some didn't like?
    It's what Cruz said, no?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by GreenZone View Post

His lack of motivation was referred to on national tv and was confirmed by Cruz. What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    All of what Cruz says is true (and I love Cruz) but he should have kept it inside the locker room. IMO
    Normally I'd agree with you 100%, jomo. But, it's been camp, 4 preseason games, and 3 real games. I'd assume Cruz has spoken to him before. We don't know what has gone on to date. Like, perhaps we don't know the real scoop about JPP dunking Prince. Perhaps Cruz thinks this is the only way to get Randle's attention... to bring more pressure to the guys work ethic, and embarrass him into waking up... and risk the bad feeling he will get from Randle for exposing him. After all, it's the guys salary$$$ that is really a forbidden territory... Like, when Tiki opened his mouth regarding Stray's contract.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Yeah you're right. But I think it will be more like 6 years 35 mil. I feel like 9.5 million a year is just too much and the Giants wont pay that. Plus we need to sign Hakeem eventually and Cruz & Hakeem will probably have very similar deals. there is no way we can pay 2 WR's 8+ Million a year.
    I would sign him tomorrow for 6 years, $35M.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    This is just an example of the things we don't know. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we will never hear about.
    I don't know . . . . seems a little convenient for me . . . .

+ Reply to Thread