+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz Tells Randle to Step It Up

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    I would sign him tomorrow for 6 years, $35M.
    Me too.

But there is no way Nicks gets a 5-7 year, 7-9 million/year contract without Cruz getting the same.

Can we afford two 6 year contract worth 16-18 million per year combined?? Thats a serious cap hit.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    I don't know . . . . seems a little convenient for me . . . .
    Here's a quote of Cruz:

“Rueben has to understand that this is a business now, it’s not just come out here, lollygag, because you may not be getting as much reps as somebody else, that you shouldn’t be giving as much effort," Victor Cruz told The Post. “He has to understand that each and every day he walks in here he’s a professional and he has to perform no matter what’s being asked of him."

I'm not sure what you mean by "convenient" but whatever Randle is or isn't doing has gotten some attention now that we need him to step up.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Front Office either explains this to both players and they come to terms with making only 5-6 mil a year and having one of the best Tandems in the league, or one of them walks...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Front Office either explains this to both players and they come to terms with making only 5-6 mil a year and having one of the best Tandems in the league, or one of them walks...
    Pretty much. There'll be more in endorsements and extra-curricular activities for Victor than for Hakeem so if both players are willing to be flexible and keep this together, I'd think Hakeem would get the bigger deal with Victor agreeing to take less considering Victor will be able to make a lot more off the field than Hakeem ever will.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

I think they find a way to keep them both as long as Eli is expected to be here.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Here's a quote of Cruz:

“Rueben has to understand that this is a business now, it’s not just come out here, lollygag, because you may not be getting as much reps as somebody else, that you shouldn’t be giving as much effort," Victor Cruz told The Post. “He has to understand that each and every day he walks in here he’s a professional and he has to perform no matter what’s being asked of him."

I'm not sure what you mean by "convenient" but whatever Randle is or isn't doing has gotten some attention now that we need him to step up.
    Collinsworth mention his work ethic during the game. Before that I had never heard of Randle having an issue. I guess that info is out there for a reason.
    Cruz is doing the righ thing. Every player has to practice like he is a starter. If you practice like a back up then you will always be one.
    Practice how you play.....right???
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Collinsworth mention his work ethic during the game. Before that I had never heard of Randle having an issue. I guess that info is out there for a reason.
    Cruz is doing the righ thing. Every player has to practice like he is a starter. If you practice like a back up then you will always be one.
    Practice how you play.....right???
    I'm not a big fan of airing locker room laundry, but here's a case where Randle is going to have to be "next man up" and, it seems, he's not been preparing for that eventuality.

Here's a quote of Cruz:

I meant that the late news of Barden's concussion seemed a little convenient . . . like a belated excuse for his mistakes down the stretch of the Eagles loss.

I'm not a big fan of airing locker room laundry, but here's a case where Randle is going to have to be "next man up" and, it seems, he's not been preparing for that eventuality.
    sometimes that work though. Hopefully it does. The kid seems to have the skills. Now he needs the attitude and desire.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I think what Cruz did is just fine. However, there is this little part in the back of my brain that thinks Cruz may be slightly envious that Randle was drafted early, and will make more money in his first 4 years than cruz will have.
    Does Cruz really come off as though he would feel that way?
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-03-2012 at 01:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread