+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz Tells Randle to Step It Up

Veteran
    Work ethic is hard to coach, it's like a personality thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    Yeah, I gueess that is true. I'm sure the kid just wants to get out there and do what he can do.. If he's already "pro" ready the kid is more than likely not being challenged and bored with just a few practice routes. Get the kid out there and inspire him a little.
    If he's bored in practice and half assing his assignment, what makes you think he's ready to start? You have to work hard in practice and show you have what it takes, regardless of if you're bored of running routes. If you're that bored, you'd train a little harder.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Veteran
    Yeah, I gueess that is true. I'm sure the kid just wants to get out there and do what he can do.. If he's already "pro" ready the kid is more than likely not being challenged and bored with just a few practice routes. Get the kid out there and inspire him a little.
    Coaches should put players on the field if they get bored on the sidelines? What happened to earning the privilege to step on the field with the real professionals?

Veteran
    What? Are you serious?

Throw the guy on the field who shows absolutely nothing in practice so that he doesn't get bored? This makes less than zero sense.

I don't know why this has been a recurring topic lately, but Cruz summed it up pretty much perfectly. They aren't doing this only for fun anymore. They are professionals doing a job --- and getting paid extremely well to do it. It needs to be taken seriously. Some of the comments on this thread make me question whether you guys understand the difference between what a high school WR's mentality should be and what a NFL WR's mentality should be.....
    Last edited by njg85m; 10-03-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    if you have to ask then you are already lost my friend......
    Waaaaaa
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

All-Pro
    Not a good sign a all. How are you not motivated as a rookie? If he needs a pep talk as a rookie I'm sorry to say they may have a problem with his guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Good to see Cruz becoming a leader.
    I don't think it is a leader thing that Cruz is displaying here. I think it is more of an appreciation type thing. For a guy drafted as high as Randell, there should be no reason why he is moping around. Cruz didn't get draft, so he is humbled by his life journey. Randell probably feels that he is entitled to play because he was drafted. The pros don't work like way. You have to prove yourself, and he clearly isn't doing that when he is in games. Cruz proved himself last season, and he still displays the same talent. Randell has to make his presences felt. If the guy is moping around team, there is a good chance that he isn't working as hard as he can. I just hope he gets his head in the game because he has the perfect QB to make him look like a stud.

All-Pro
    Remember, you don't call someone the next great thing because of potential. Nicks is a top 5 WR in the NFL and looked the part his rookie year where he was not a starter. I'm calling this guy a bust. Hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him doing anything in this league if he needs a pep talk as a rookie.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Not a good sign a all. How are you not motivated as a rookie? If he needs a pep talk as a rookie I'm sorry to say they may have a problem with his guy.
    you know....everybody is different. Most of these rookies have been playing football already for over 15 years. They make to the NFL only to realize the NOW the real hard work begins. Everything before was just a warm up. Its not so far fteched that some guys may get daunted by this. If he needs a kick in the *** then he should be given one.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    It looks more like a desperation thing. Not that I don't think Cruz could be a leader, but Nicks and maybe Barden are both out for this game. That leaves Cruz and Hixon.

+ Reply to Thread