+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz Tells Randle to Step It Up

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Remember, you don't call someone the next great thing because of potential. Nicks is a top 5 WR in the NFL and looked the part his rookie year where he was not a starter. I'm calling this guy a bust. Hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him doing anything in this league if he needs a pep talk as a rookie.
    He's not a bust, he just needs to work harder.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    you know....everybody is different. Most of these rookies have been playing football already for over 15 years. They make to the NFL only to realize the NOW the real hard work begins. Everything before was just a warm up. Its not so far fteched that some guys may get daunted by this. If he needs a kick in the *** then he should be given one.
    They can probably get more out of the guys that where on the team in he summer. They where hungry. They will fight for everything. This guy is a rookie and needs a pep talk.

Remember, you don't call someone the next great thing because of potential. Nicks is a top 5 WR in the NFL and looked the part his rookie year where he was not a starter. I'm calling this guy a bust. Hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him doing anything in this league if he needs a pep talk as a rookie.
    thats way too cut and dry for me. the kid needs a kick in the *** for some reason that you or I dont know. Not so uncommon I bet.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He's not a bust, he just needs to work harder.
    Yeah, as a highly drafted rookie he needs to be told to step up. Unreal!

Yeah, as a highly drafted rookie he needs to be told to step up. Unreal!
    That doesn't mean he's a bust lol.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    thats way too cut and dry for me. the kid needs a kick in the *** for some reason that you or I dont know. Not so uncommon I bet.
    I will be happy if he proves me wrong. He does not remind me of Nicks or Cruz. He doesn't remind me of a hungry player. Maybe the game is to fast for him. Maybe it will take a few years for him to pan out. Maybe bust was to strong of a word, but I'm not counting on him do help out this week or anytime soon.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    That doesn't mean he's a bust lol.
    Maybe that was a strong word to use but what does it tell you when a teammate has to tell a rookie he needs to step up? Most rookies would not need a pep talk. That's all I'm saying.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    What? Are you serious?

Throw the guy on the field who shows absolutely nothing in practice so that he doesn't get bored? This makes less than zero sense.

I don't know why this has been a recurring topic lately, but Cruz summed it up pretty much perfectly. They aren't doing this only for fun anymore. They are professionals doing a job --- and getting paid extremely well to do it. It needs to be taken seriously. Some of the comments on this thread make me question whether you guys understand the difference between what a high school WR's mentality should be and what a NFL WR's mentality should be.....
    Worked well with Randy Moss.. Look i'm not arguing with anyone on this becuase what you say is valid, I understand that. All I'm saying is different people are different and work differently. If the coaching isnt working to get him motivated something else has to change.. I'm saying by possibly giving the guy a few more reps in a game may spark something for him and get him motivated to do the deal that might be all he needs to spark some interest. If that doesn't work then maybe he just needs to grow up a little. Who knows. I get that he's retruning punts and doing quite well at it actually. So, get him involved a little bit more offensively.

Maybe that was a strong word to use but what does it tell you when a teammate has to tell a rookie he needs to step up? Most rookies would not need a pep talk. That's all I'm saying.
    Haha come on Buddy. You're being a little hard on Randle when we haven't even reached the halfway mark of the season. Michael Floyd needed a pep talk from Larry Fitzgerald before the preseason began. Alshon Jeffery had "work ethic" issues with his weight and he's looking good for the Bears. Randle will contribute eventually.

TC trusts him with catching punts.....thats huge.
    TC does not take that postion lightly. There is more to come from this kid.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread