+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 177

Thread: Cruz Tells Randle to Step It Up

  1. #121
    Veteran Cool Papa B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,709
    I just don't get dude's sometimes. You are one of a select who chosen by a NFL team to play for them and be a part of their future. And not just any team, you were chosen by the defending Super Bowl champs. A team with a great coach, a great QB with another 6-7 years of greatness left in him. And you're not motivated to play????? You know how many people who would give almost anything to be in your position?

    If I'm Randle I would have my face in the playbook everyday till' I know it like my name. Follow victor Cruz. Study him and how he goes about things. Ask him to be your mentor. And hangout with Eli. Similar to what Cruz did last year. If he ask you to pick up some dunkin doughnuts after practice.....do it! He ain't throwing you the ball until he knows that you know your routes.

  2. #122
    Veteran NYGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    1,528
    Does Cruz think he's the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice all of a sudden? Very disappointing comments. Maybe he shouldn't lollygag in the end zone doing his dance when we're coming up short after 4 quarters. He didn't have to back up Collingsworth's nonsensical ramblings. None of the other giants did.

  3. #123
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Does Cruz think he's the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice all of a sudden? Very disappointing comments. Maybe he shouldn't lollygag in the end zone doing his dance when we're coming up short after 4 quarters. He didn't have to back up Collingsworth's nonsensical ramblings. None of the other giants did.
    I think he was just trying to motivate him...remember he had to work super hard to get his shot and he made the most of it. He sees that the kid has talent and just wants him to be ready cause we are going to need him this Sunday with the injuries to Nicks and Barden. You know that the media likes to take things to extreme levels..

  4. #124
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    What does Eli Manning think about Reuben Randle's work ethic? It's getting "better," the QB said. "He's young ...

    ... and hes trying to figure out what it takes to compete and get mentally and physically ready for upcoming games. He has talent. Hes been working better, understanding just how we work and prepare each week. Hes been getting more reps these last few weeks so hes doing a good job of putting everything together. Hes going to have to make some plays for us and I believe he can do that. He can help us out." #NYG I think it's safe to say that he's starting vs the Browns. Hopefully he takes this opportunity seriously.
    U think hes starting against clevland? The one thing i can gurantee is hes not starting VS Clevland.. hixon and Cruz are starting.. Hixon just killed it against PHILLY.. Why would u possibly start this guy over him?

  5. #125
    Veteran NYGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    1,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    I think he was just trying to motivate him...remember he had to work super hard to get his shot and he made the most of it. He sees that the kid has talent and just wants him to be ready cause we are going to need him this Sunday with the injuries to Nicks and Barden. You know that the media likes to take things to extreme levels..
    He should have done it behind closed doors. When Coach Coughlin was asked he said Randle is a young guy that's working hard. He doesn't care about anyone else's opinion. That's good enough for me. Notice how Hixon didn't even want to talk about it. Nicks wouldn't have talked so recklessly. I hope Cruz has been spoken to. He shouldn't be pouring fuel on the 'media spin' fire and even adding words like lollygag when backing up Collingsworths ramblings.

  6. #126
    All-Pro GameTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    No mans land
    Posts
    25,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I just don't get dude's sometimes. You are one of a select who chosen by a NFL team to play for them and be a part of their future. And not just any team, you were chosen by the defending Super Bowl champs. A team with a great coach, a great QB with another 6-7 years of greatness left in him. And you're not motivated to play????? You know how many people who would give almost anything to be in your position?

    If I'm Randle I would have my face in the playbook everyday till' I know it like my name. Follow victor Cruz. Study him and how he goes about things. Ask him to be your mentor. And hangout with Eli. Similar to what Cruz did last year. If he ask you to pick up some dunkin doughnuts after practice.....do it! He ain't throwing you the ball until he knows that you know your routes.
    How do you even know exactly what this kid is going through or how much you think he isnt trying hard enough. You are taking a couple of quotes from the media and over reacting big time. Chill out and let the kid mature. If TC didnt trust him he wouldnt be returning punts you get count on that.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

  7. #127
    All-Pro Eliscruzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warwick NY
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    He should have done it behind closed doors. When Coach Coughlin was asked he said Randle is a young guy that's working hard. He doesn't care about anyone else's opinion. That's good enough for me. Notice how Hixon didn't even want to talk about it. Nicks wouldn't have talked so recklessly. I hope Cruz has been spoken to. He shouldn't be pouring fuel on the 'media spin' fire and even adding words like lollygag when backing up Collingsworths ramblings.
    can't argue with you there, he should've done that but I respect Cruz for coming out and saying that cause my guess is that he would know how the coaches want someone to preform and maybe he thought this is the best way to get to him...

  8. #128
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In Cruz' Basement, Hiding
    Posts
    31,203
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    U think hes starting against clevland? The one thing i can gurantee is hes not starting VS Clevland.. hixon and Cruz are starting.. Hixon just killed it against PHILLY.. Why would u possibly start this guy over him?
    Because Barden is injured? Hixon is still gonna play..

  9. #129
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,124
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I mostly agree but then....

    I watch post after post criticizing the organization for not playing this guy and that guy, insulting the coaches who do this for a living when we don't have a clue about anything other than what we see on the field on game days. There are always reasons some players don't break through and this is a perfect example of why coaches should get the benefit of the doubt.
    I am just not comfortable with one player taking his personal evaluation of another player public. It is the coaches' job to evaluate and reprimand. If he would have tried to mentor the kid privately or even gotten in his face a little, I would have less problem with it. I just think that this type of approach (going public with criticism) can get out of control easily and not help the team one bit. I don't disagree one iota with what Cruz is saying.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  10. #130
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,880
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Because Barden is injured? Hixon is still gonna play..
    ya, he'll probably be the 3rd wr, but as u seen between Barden against philly and carolina, the diffrence in chances as a starter and 3rd wr... He'll still have a chance to make impact, but he isn't starting..

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts