+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Cruz Tells Randle to Step It Up

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I am just not comfortable with one player taking his personal evaluation of another player public. It is the coaches' job to evaluate and reprimand. If he would have tried to mentor the kid privately or even gotten in his face a little, I would have less problem with it. I just think that this type of approach (going public with criticism) can get out of control easily and not help the team one bit. I don't disagree one iota with what Cruz is saying.
    I am, as long as its a guy who has had success and is still in the midst of success calling out a rookie whos shown nothing yet.. But any other situation i agree..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I am, as long as its a guy who has had success and is still in the midst of success calling out a rookie whos shown nothing yet.. But any other situation i agree..
    I can see the difference in one of the leaders doing it as you suggest. I just see the disfunction going on with that green team that plays in our stadium and worry about the negative potential.........but I worry about alot of stuff that I shouldn't lol.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I would be concerned about it if it were a starter and this was something that was controversial, this seems to be common knowledge amongst the players. I think it may be time for Randel to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I would be concerned about it if it were a starter and this was something that was controversial, this seems to be common knowledge amongst the players. I think it may be time for Randel to grow up.
    Common knowledge amongst the players? Then why is it only Cruz speaking up? Cruz is in the wrong here and I hope he's been admonished. If Coach Coughlin says the kid is young and working hard and he doesn't care about anyone else's opinion then why the hell do I need to here Victor Cruz's thoughts on the matter? If he's trying to motivate Randle he should learn diplomacy like Eli. Sorry but you don't run off to reporters criticizing your own team mates.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I can see the difference in one of the leaders doing it as you suggest. I just see the disfunction going on with that green team that plays in our stadium and worry about the negative potential.........but I worry about alot of stuff that I shouldn't lol.
    lol...

I who blows things out of proportion more....
    the media or this board....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    This board would terrify the media, haha.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Common knowledge amongst the players? Then why is it only Cruz speaking up? Cruz is in the wrong here and I hope he's been admonished. If Coach Coughlin says the kid is young and working hard and he doesn't care about anyone else's opinion then why the hell do I need to here Victor Cruz's thoughts on the matter? If he's trying to motivate Randle he should learn diplomacy like Eli. Sorry but you don't run off to reporters criticizing your own team mates.
    He didn't run off to reporters, didn't they ask him? Even Eli said the same thing.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    haha . . . . good point

All-Pro
    Well he has his chance to prove everyone wrong this week. I don't expect a rookie to play like a 4 year pro and be as good as Nicks, but the work ethic thing is a separate issue. You can deal with rookie mistakes but a work ethic issue could mean the guy is not motivated or lazy. Hopefully this was nothing named into a big something. I do think Resse is a great GM and he drafted the guy and wanted him. Wasn't there something about how they almost drafted him in the 1st round?

+ Reply to Thread