+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Well he has his chance to prove everyone wrong this week. I don't expect a rookie to play like a 4 year pro and be as good as Nicks, but the work ethic thing is a separate issue. You can deal with rookie mistakes but a work ethic issue could mean the guy is not motivated or lazy. Hopefully this was nothing named into a big something. I do think Resse is a great GM and he drafted the guy and wanted him. Wasn't there something about how they almost drafted him in the 1st round?
    I give him more than this week to "prove" everyone wrong. And who is everyone BTW???
    A rookie deserves more than 5 games to show what he has or doesnt have.....no????
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Does Cruz think he's the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice all of a sudden? Very disappointing comments. Maybe he shouldn't lollygag in the end zone doing his dance when we're coming up short after 4 quarters. He didn't have to back up Collingsworth's nonsensical ramblings. None of the other giants did.
    Actually, Eli hinted at it as well.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I give him more than this week to "prove" everyone wrong. And who is everyone BTW??? A rookie deserves more than 5 games to show what he has or doesnt have.....no????
    He will likely get his entire rookie contract to show he belongs.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I am just not comfortable with one player taking his personal evaluation of another player public. It is the coaches' job to evaluate and reprimand. If he would have tried to mentor the kid privately or even gotten in his face a little, I would have less problem with it. I just think that this type of approach (going public with criticism) can get out of control easily and not help the team one bit. I don't disagree one iota with what Cruz is saying.
    On a positive note we should see fewer WTF is Randle threads.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by NYGabriel View Post
    Common knowledge amongst the players? Then why is it only Cruz speaking up? Cruz is in the wrong here and I hope he's been admonished. If Coach Coughlin says the kid is young and working hard and he doesn't care about anyone else's opinion then why the hell do I need to here Victor Cruz's thoughts on the matter? If he's trying to motivate Randle he should learn diplomacy like Eli. Sorry but you don't run off to reporters criticizing your own team mates.
    Cruz and Eli said the same thing in different ways. Bessides they were asked. The didnt bring it up.
    Cruz had to work hard to get where he is at and he only wants the same for Randle.
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    Cruz and Eli said the same thing in different ways. Besides they were asked. The didnt bring it up.
    Cruz had to work hard to get where he is at and he only wants the same for Randle.
    Yeah, shark bait for the circling bored reporters. What's funny about this thread is it starts with what the reporters quote (or misquote/misconstrue) as gospel, then goes from questionable assumptions.

Learning this offense vs. learning a simpler offense is the difference between a receiver coming on strong early in the season vs. late in the season.

The fact that Randle may be forced into the lineup before he is ready isn't reason to a) trash him, b) give up on him or c) take credit for if/when he has a good game on Sunday.

It continues to amaze at how gullible people are when it comes to reading the likes of the Post or Daily News controversy stirring reporting manure...or listening to more genius out of Cris Collinsworth, with his drive by analysis.
    Last edited by GreenZone; 10-04-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenZone View Post
    Yeah, shark bait for the circling bored reporters. What's funny about this thread is it starts with what the reporters quote (or misquote/misconstrue) as gospel, then goes from questionable assumptions. Learning this offense vs. learning a simpler offense is the difference between a receiver coming on strong early in the season vs. late in the season.

The fact that Randle may be forced into the lineup before he is ready isn't reason to a) trash him, b) give up on him or c) take credit for if/when he has a good game on Sunday.

It continues to amaze at how gullible people are when it comes to reading the Post or Daily News controversy stirring reporting time.
    all good points...well said

either way the kid deserves time and will get his chances.....

We gave Ramses freaking Barden 4 years... we're not about to cut Randle...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I am just not comfortable with one player taking his personal evaluation of another player public. It is the coaches' job to evaluate and reprimand. If he would have tried to mentor the kid privately or even gotten in his face a little, I would have less problem with it. I just think that this type of approach (going public with criticism) can get out of control easily and not help the team one bit. I don't disagree one iota with what Cruz is saying.
    I'm not thrilled about it being out in public either. My point, though, is there are always things going on behind the scene we either don't know or don't understand.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I'm not thrilled about it being out in public either. My point, though, is there are always things going on behind the scene we either don't know or don't understand.
    Wait RF...Im confused......don't the fans know every aspect of what goes on both in the locker room and in the coaches/front office's heads?
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"