+ Reply to Thread

JPP the only Giant to make PFF's "All-First Quarter of the Season" Team

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-team-defense/

Defensive Ends: Cameron Wake, MIA (+27.4) and Jason Pierre-Paul, NYG (+13.3)

Without being smug weíve been warning everyone about Wake doing some serious damage after his 21 quarterback disruptions through three games. Then it happened and Bobbie Massie got the mother of all beat downs. Simply put, there isnít a pass rusher out there like Wake at the moment. Joining him is the more rounded JPP who just keeps making plays, with his work in run defense being particularly impressive. Running at him doesnít normally work out so well. Itís tight at the top with players like Michael Bennett also making a name for themselves.

Eli Manning is an honorable mention on offense behind Matt Ryan and Tom Brady.

JPP is an animal. Dude is doubled and tripled all game and still causes problems for O lines and QBs. THough his sacks are not there, he is definitely a force.

In another section they spoke on Beatty so far this season compared to last:
    New York Giants: Eli Manning was pressured as much as anyone in 2011, and a small part of the problem was William Beatty’s inconsistent pass protection as he allowed 31 overall pressures in his 10 starts before landing on IR. This year, he has allowed just three hurries with no sacks or hits allowed on his 138 pass blocks.

I read that piece. It still baffles me that some people believe Beatty sucks or that Diehl is somehow better than him. Maybe they just let the first quarter hold on Trent Cole stick in their minds.

JPP is going to have two great battles here against Joe Thomas with the Browns and then Joe Staley of the 49ers. Looking forward to seeing how he does.

Veteran
    All First Quarter of the Season Team? I never thought I would live to see this!

I'd have put Manning above Brady up to this point this year just on Manning's performance in the Bucs game (yes both good and bad). His recovery was simply amazing (just ask Romo).

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I'd have put Manning above Brady up to this point this year just on Manning's performance in the Bucs game (yes both good and bad). His recovery was simply amazing (just ask Romo).
    It's debatable. I'd say both QB's have seen their grades inflated by one particularly elite game (TB for Eli and BUF for Brady). Matt Ryan is the unanimous choice for #1 QB but I'd say most of the Falcons team is really turning it on and it helps that the NFCS looks like crap this year.

Interesting enough that the top ranked Safety (T.J. Ward) is on the Browns and that should be an interesting matchup to watch as we try to get a running game going against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Romo must hate life this week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I read that piece. It still baffles me that some people believe Beatty sucks or that Diehl is somehow better than him. Maybe they just let the first quarter hold on Trent Cole stick in their minds.

JPP is going to have two great battles here against Joe Thomas with the Browns and then Joe Staley of the 49ers. Looking forward to seeing how he does.
    I was pretty excited to see the Giants draft a kid from UConn and to see him do well these past few games has been great. People have been down him so much. OL take time to gel and become a unit. I like the way we are looking now despite the Eagles game.
    Huge turn around for him this season so far.